ssd m.2 not showing

patricia2626

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have sata hardrives as allmost no one used them in 2017 builds allot use new nmvi 960 evo m.2 from samsung as mac doesnt event have those only the same esata small one and moslty read the 950 sata one similar to hardrive as the usb installer boot only see hardrives as m.2 arent native when you install fresh copy of macos it donest read it as i saw only if you make partion copy of macos like clone copy you can make the m.2 external only on hardrive as having two partions on hardrive then clone to ssd as i dont have a normal ssd for mac and i dont think the you cant have native reading the m.2 and ereasing all the other partions 

i follow this one the easiest way to make it in two partions

the hardway https://www.tonycrapx86.com/threads/first-hackintosh-system-nvme-ssd.211263/

my build 

x370

m.2 960 evo 500gb window 10 

hardrive raid 0 for my steam library as this when i need to format them one to boot macos then when i isntall everhting i use the video at top for kext and then

clone it to my m.2 abd i try to boot and use trim so now i got two so if i remove the hardrive were i used the kext and that partions it remove the m.2 to keep reaindg in boot menu and ereases or wipe as you cant see it on your computer anymore if i want new frresh start now i only get hardrives and no m.2 

• Moderators

Ok, we have established that you want to install to an m.2 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO. The youtube video is old and incomplete.

If you have follow the guide correctly, you'll need the patched kext and SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml.

You'll need to determine the path to which your NVMe drive is installed. You'll need windows for that part with the NVMe drive installed.

1. From Windows, go to Device Manager, go down to Storage Controller and expand.
  2. You should see Standard NVM Express Controller, right click and select Properties.
  3. Then click on Details tab, look for "BIOS device name" under Property. You'll see the path found under "Value".

• Moderators

Are you having problem booting the USB installer or the USB installer is not seeing your NVMe drive?

If the latter, then yes. Once you have created the patch kexts for the version of OS X you're installing + the SSDT-NVME-Pcc.aml added to the installer, NVMe drive should be visible.