Loading SSDT with Enoch

griftopia

So I'm trying to solve some power + sleep + usb issues with my Precision M6500. I wanted to experiment with SSDT. Problem is I dunno if my SSDT is even loading. In verbose mode, I can't spot it being loaded since the screen scrolls too fast.

I just created file ssdt.aml next to my dsdt.aml. My SSDT does compile under MacISL.

So if there a switch, configuration, anything I need to change? The help file for Enoch didn't have and "ssdt" switch either (like there is for "dsdt" for loading a custom file name).

Does the filename of the SSDT have to something specific for Enoch?

How can I tell/ensure my SSDT is being loaded?

• Administrators

Chameleon/Enoch boot options & flags can be listed through the historical "?" command if you enter it at the bootlaoder prompt.

Boot option Wait=Yes will stop the boot processbefore loading the kernel. You will see a summary listing tables that loaded.

By default, Chameleon/Enoch loads SSDT.aml (or ssdt.aml) from /Extra folder if present. It's just the same as for the DSDT. Pike R Alpha's ssdt generartor script creates a file carrying that file name, so it can be used "as is". If you use a different file name, you'll have to manually specify that at the bootprompt or in the o.c.B.plist. In other words, it's the same old way it's always been for the last 8 or 9 years, if not more.

Google is your friend, you can use it to learn about Chameleon flags and options...

http://chameleon.osx86.hu/