Unable to boot via USB on D620

jgbiggs

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

status update:

taking the advice that chameleon is not running / installing properly from a ppc mac-mini, I am now (attempting) installing snow leopard from a iFail S3 v2 DVD.

The plan is to create the bootable USB from snow leopard.

I am able to boot from the DVD and install SL. However, it is giving a kernel panic on re-boot after installation.

so know I am fiddling with install options (various combinations of kexts) to try to get it to boot into a usable gui.

I have googled around for to see if anyone has a good set up install options for iFail S3 v2 for a D620 with no luck. So now it is trial and error.

I will keep you posted, and continued thanks and patience to all.

succuess!

well, we learned that the usb creation tools don't work so well on a ppc mac-mini.

i was able to get a somewhat working snow leopard install from an iFail S3 v2 DVD (-very- hard to interact with the os since the mouse support was horrible)

i created the usb using myHack. no issues in booting and installing.

a few issues and two questions

trackpad is very sensitive to touch, thinks that i have clicked too often

the ip address the wifi is grabbing is not correct (manually assigned ip and dns and internet is working fine)

questions, it is ok to update via software update to 10.7.2?

is there a command key? or are latitude users out of luck?

also, if i re-run edp, will it overwrite my previous configuration? (to see if i can fix the trackpad and other mini annoyances)

thanks for all your help