Install macOS Sierra on Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P2 G31T-M2

poesie100

Hi,

I'm trying to install macOS Sierra on an fujitsu siemens scaleo p2 g31t-m2.

The system have a core 2 quad processor. (= Sandy Bridge)

BEFORE:

I had an version of snow leopard version 10.6.8 running on the system.

I have the system OS upgraded to el capitan on following method.

I have el capitan installation file downloaded from the mac app store and an bootable USB stick. I inject NVIDEA.

The system I can install with using the following bootflags: dart=0 nv_disable=1 (-x) -v

After the installation completed is I have the Clover bootloader installed on the HDD from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)/.

The systems was perfectly updated to OS X El Capitan and can now boot without my USB connected and works smoothly.

CURRENT:

Now I'm trying to update the system to macOS Sierra.

I have again an bootable USB stick, again selected for the options usb, sierra and inject nvidea.

So far all good....

But now i want to boot from my sierra USB with the same bootflags as before  "dart=0 nv_disable=1 (-x) -v" but i can't get to the installation screen. the screen hangs on the apple logo or when i used the bootflag -v the screen hangs on line 1 with plus signs. (see attached picture).

How can I solve that problem, so I can install macOS Sierra ? Is it possible for my system/configuration ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

• Administrators

It would greatly help if you would post your system's specifications. You've stated you have a Core2Quad and that's not SandyBridge. Core2Duo/Core2Quad pre-date 1st gen Core "i" CPUs such as i3/i5/i7-xxxYY. SandyBridge CPUs are 2nd gen Core "i" with models such as i3/i5/i7 -2xxxYY or related Xeon & low-end CPUs.

We won't be able to comment on your Clover setup and kexts unless we know what hardware you have in terms of CPU, chipset, graphics, LAN, WLAN, audio, etc.

In case you still ignored this, please note that Sierra requires a CPU with SSE4 instructions set. Not all C2D/C2Q CPUs have that, only later Penryn/Yorkfield models. If your system does not meet that bare minimum, your won't even be able to boot a Sierra installer and you'll be limited to El Capitan at best (until you swap CPU with a Sierra-compatible model, if feasible). For instance, Kenstfield Q6xxx CPUs are no go for Sierra.

So, let's start at the beginning...

NB: no trace of nVidia injection in any of your posted Clover configs.

Is there a possibility to get it working with the help of an macOS Sierra patcher tool ?

I don't need all the new functions of Sierra just an internet connection, access to mac app store and an working usb connection.

By the way know you what the requirements are for the upcoming high sierra ? Is that the same SSE4 instruction set or newer version ?

It's for knowing if I upgrade the CPU I'm sweet for a while  :-P

PS: I have newer compatible systems but i want to use my old pc for that thing. I do not wish to use my day-to-day PC for this purpose.

Thanks in advance !!!