[SOLVED] No Sound E6430S

punjabigator

Hello everyone, I installed Sierra using Jake's clover guide and recent book packs were used. I need help in fixing the sound issue. Please guide me to the right direction. The current EFI and DPCI clip is attached. (I still need to upgrade my wifi  card from Intel to as mentioned  in signature )

Additionally, I am planning to use it with a docking station and a 24 inch dell monitor. Should I use a high resolution Plist option? 

Thank you for your help. 

EFI.zip

post-54679-0-32296100-1505797463_thumb.jpeg

• Moderators

That depends on the resolution of your internal display, if it's 1366x768, you have the correct files.

As for audio, did you follow the post install instruction?

Copying the kexts in /EFI/clover/kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions 

Repair permission and rebuild cache. Assuming successful rebuilding of cache, you should have audio after reboot

• Administrators

Usual IDT 92HD93 codec of the Latitude E6x30 series in this laptop so use the usual AppleHDA patching method:

1. install the dummy kext to /Library/Extensions, repair permissions and rebuild your cache (details available here)
  2. apply the AppleHDA kext on-the-fly patches (details of the find/replace bytes available here)

Jake and Harve, thanks for getting back to me!

Jake I followed your guide and yes the kexts were moved to LE.

Harve I did ran the permissions as well and error 73 came, rebooted tried again with no error, rebooted but no sound yet.

The plist has patches in it as well as it came with the boot pack!

Any other ideas should I need to explore?

• Administrators

You can always delete the PrelinkedKernels folder prior to rebuilding the cache. I'm not seeing any references to the dummy kext for the IDT codec so I have to presume it's not properly installed in /L/E.

Make sure to follow the process detailed in post #3.