[SOLVED] Dell Latitude 3450 Can't get to Mac OS install screen

pblwzrd

Dell Latitude 3450

Bios A13

8gb RAM (2x4gb sticks)

Clover 4200

Mac OS 10.12.5

Can't seem to get past any version of OsxAptioFixDrv error message. I've included a screenshot and my efi folder zipped. I think there may be a preboot.log in there from the last attempt. I've tried to modify the DVMT pre-alloc and it showed that it did it  but whenever I looked at my dedicated video memory in windows 10 it would always say 128. My video memory would be at 0 though. I reflashed the bios and rechecked settings after that didn't work. I then Tried the Lilu.kext and IntelDVMTGraphicsFixup.kext but it didn't seem to make any difference. This is driving me nuts. I'm sure that I've completely missed something simple. 

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

DJ

EFI.zip

post-111890-0-52808900-1506139028_thumb.jpg

Well I figured out what the problem was. Turns out I had unchecked Execute Disable Mode in the security settings. That's why the installer wouldn't run. Enabled it and got through the initial install without issues. I haven't been successful in getting my audio, bt or wifi working. 

Thanks to everyone for all their help! 

DJ

post-111890-0-76490800-1506654169_thumb.jpg

EFI.zip

• Moderators

You can't expect Audio to work if you don't use AppleHDA_ALC255.kext.

Copy that and CodecCommander.kext to /Library/Extensions, repair permission and rebuild cache.

As for Wifi / BT, what device do you have? Intel is not supported.

See here https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8696-is-my-wireless-card-compatible-with-os-x/

Hey all. Backing away from this for a few days apparently was what I was needing to fix it. Got the audio, bt and wifi working. A lot of it was me not understanding what I was reading and being too stubborn to walk away. What it ended up being was at some point I tried a modified AppleHDA.kext and had forgotten about that. I went ahead and put in a fresh one as well as a fresh AppleHDA_ALC255.kext and a fresh CodecCommander.kext. I then did the repair of the permissions.  Also I finally understood and followed the directions included in the wifi/bt drivers file although I did just leave the IO80211Family.kext in the Clover\kexts\other folder. Before I booted up I looked into my BIOS settings and noticed that my wifi and bluetooth were turned off. I enabled them, rebooted and everything worked! The only thing I would like to be able to do is have the display turn off when I close the lid. I've got an external monitor and I don't need two displays right now. Ok I stand corrected. It just worked!

Big thanks to everyone who helped me along with this. It's been quite a learning experience and I'm glad I tackled it.