[SOLVED] Can't boot High Sierra installation E7450 with NVidia GeForce 840M

viking1304

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

User create installer method. Note: Untitled" is name of your USB Installer, rename it as you please. All data will be wipe!

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled  --nointeraction

Thank you very much. This is faster and easier method to create USB installation than to mount dmgs, restore and copy/paste.

I guess my question might be misleading. I was able to boot installation from USB, but I am still not able to boot it properly and completely.

If I enable Legacy Option ROMs it crash almost instantly

20170926_202809.jpg

If I disable that option t takes longer, but installation fails with another message

20170926_203141.jpg

Then I tried to update IntelGraphicsFixup (with RehabMan-IntelGraphicsFixup-2017-0819.zip) but still didn't managed to boot it.

One more info that might be important - I am also using latest versions of IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext and Lilu.kext since I restored my BIOS defaults. Those two works just fine in my current Sierra installation. Maybe I should try without those two and with 96MB patch?

yeah bur version 1.2 and up has HS set as native 1.7 needs beta flag to work with HS

Add -lilubeta to enable Lilu on unsupported os versions (10.13 and below are enabled by default).

If I understand correctly this is same as this flag is for versions above 10.13. But doesn't mean that I am right.

I cleaned USB again and started from scratch. I updated those kexts from Jake's post to latest versions. I also put new config that Jake posted.

Just added that flag to boot options in config over Clover Configurator and will take another try. I will report results soon.

EDIT:

Architecture couldn't be recognized! PCM_BOOT 0 = <ptr>, PCM_BOOT 42 = 0x00000011   :? 

20170927_212635.jpg