[SOLVED] Can't boot High Sierra installation E7450 with NVidia GeForce 840M

viking1304

• Moderators

The Generic EFI is basically a UEFI install. Added HFSPlus.efi to drivers64UEFI and themes. You could leave out themes or use any themes you like.

Can you confirm if the Nvidia is disabled with the A17 bootpack?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next morning I made a terrible mistake, when I decided to make new installation USB with updated EFI. I prepared USB installation at least 30-40 times and none of those worked.

Looks like that at least one Gremlin lives in my laptop (probably few of them). I have no other explanation.  :-(

I am software developer with 20 years of experience in system administration (both Linux and Windows), so I hope I know what I am doing.

Every time I removed both partitions (install and EFI) and started from scratch.

- I tried with 3 versions of Clover (4200, 4233, 4243)

- I tried just to add efi driver, acpi, kext and config.plist that you sent to fresh Clover install, but I also tried to use all your files (replacing BOOT and CLOVER folders)

- I tried with IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, but also with BIOS 0x3 patch

- I checked if my clean MacOS installation (before Clover installation works on real Mac)

Only thing that I can think of is that I used some combination of your kexts and some others that I downloaded when I managed to boot it, since I can't make this work with your kexts only. Will try that now. 

This is the error I am getting.

20171008_214022.jpg

EDIT: Looks like I have a similar problem as this one 

Replace with this Config and delete SSDT-3.aml from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

Thank you very much Jake.

There are some small issues, but this works.

There is a long delay between RAM disk initialization and mounting of existing SDD partitions (about 30-60 seconds). During that time I am getting some warnings and some assertion failures.

And finally there is some warning about unknown CPU and power management.

If you ignore those small non-blocking issues, everything else is perfect.

btw. I am just curious, why Audio Inject have value of 11? Is that some special value of just a typo?

<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
  <key>Inject</key>
  <string>11</string>
  <key>ResetHDA</key>
  <true/>
</dict>

20171011_221549.jpg

The Generic EFI is basically a UEFI install. Added HFSPlus.efi to drivers64UEFI and themes. You could leave out themes or use any themes you like.

Can you confirm if the Nvidia is disabled with the A17 bootpack?

Sorry for late reply, was on little vacation and busy at work. Thanks to you, I have working HS updated to 13.1  8-)

As far I can see NVidia is disabled. System is very quiet and temperature is not too high.

None of nvidia kexts are loaded

kextstat | grep nvidia

System Information shows only Intel in Graphics/Displays.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-08_at_10.35.27_PM.pn

I made my own bootpack with your help. I am using Lilu 1.2 and other new kexts that works with Lilu 1.2. I am also using IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup without BIOS patch.

Thank you very much Jake.