Latitude E6330 High Sierra Upgrade using Clover

griftopia

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay need clarification. When I updated to v4220, yes I installed RC scripts. This was when I was still on Sierra. After inplace High Sierra installation, if I'm supposed to once again install v4220 because RC scripts got trashed, then I need to take a look.

Tried everything I can think off besides reinstalling Clover with RC scripts. Played with clover.plist settings for Themes/NVRAM and CCC in System Preferences. No dice. Just can't get NVRam to persist :-(

Wonder if it's anything to do with APFS. Because I didn't know about automatic conversion to APFS when I upgraded this laptop, that's what I got. Would sure like to get this fixed while I think I should focus on upgrading my precision enoch laptops to 10.13 first.

I have a bigger issue right now. I tried installing the Supplemental Update. It created a menu item for me in clover boot loader. Tried to install and I get dreaded OSinstall.mpkg missing error.

What do I do now? I can still boot into my Mac OS and use the laptop, but that menu item is not going to go away and I cannot upgrade

EDIT - For once did something different. Actually downloaded update from AppStore. It was half the size of what I downloaded from Apple Web site (???) but it worked!

Lost sound after update. Rebuilt permissions and cache and got it back.

Finally, while my NVRAM problem not fixed, I saw that CloverThemeManager installed with Clover. Not sure I've seen this option before. And I must have accidently installed it. With it I was able to change the Clover Menu theme. It is actually not the one I selected, but at least it is something that looks better :-)

NVRAM is still issue. My brightness setting still not getting saved.

• Administrators

Dear Griftopia,

Try to install clover again but with selecting "Install RC scripts on target volume" only.

After that check if rc.shutdown.d is in /etc

If its there then run "sudo /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local"

If its still not there try to install clover again but with the EFI partition mounted.