Acer Aspire V 15 V5-591G-55TU - Mojave

kushwavez

Thank you for the reply - you're most kind!

I have set BIOS to following settings: boot mode - UEFI, Secure Boot - disabled,  Secure boot mode: standard. I even disabled Current TPM (TCM) State.

Will check other USB ports 'cause I was using USB3.0 port - will switch to USB2.0. 

I have ordered the BCM94352z wifi module so I'll be without wifi for a while - just to get the machine running and I'll be happy! ;)

I didn't mentioned that I have M.2 270 GB SSD with 2 partitions - one partition is win10 installation, and the second one is empty.

The only difference is that my notebook has Intel Core i7 6700HQ processor (Skylake) all other components are same as your config.

Cheers!

It's all good I think. 

Maybe the ram causing the restart.
Are you using a single 8 GB ram?

If you using single ram, here I'll attach a modified config.plist. Please slide down in the attached config.plist, set your ram size and the frequency to match your ram in Memory\Modules\Size(and)Frequency.

Oh and I have TPM (TCM) state enabled, but I think it's not necessary 

config.zip

Do you mind explaining what do you mean by full system restore image for dual boot when Win10 are already installed on the same disk but on a different partition? What is the file extension for that image (raw, dmg, iso)? I don't wanna reinstall Win10 again... THX!

I'll send a priv message about that,

All you have to do is download the high sierra restore image, and when you are in the installer in Disk utility, select your Mac's partition and select "restore" and "Image...", select the .dmg restore image, wait for process, when completed, restart and just boot with your usb and that's it. After success install the kexts I mentioned in #40 post.

A fully working hackbook unfortunately of course without gtx950m, and card reader (I didn't used once my card reader lol). But that's why I'm using dual-boot. For that, use the "guide" I mentioned in the first post.

• Like 1

Uhh..Sorry everyone, I have one problem again. 

I can't open any picture after sleep. For example: Before sleep I downloaded a picture, I could open it, Everything worked. After sleep, I can't open that picture, in Finder it's just loading.

Chrome not responding too. Maybe hardware acceleration gone wrong? 

Safari is good, I can watch videos and pictures.

I used this before: "defaults write com.apple.coremedia hardwareVideoDecoder disable" for not responding videos after sleep.

I have Shiki.kext with shikigva=4 flag, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext.

EDIT: FaceTime also not responding after sleep

post-102255-0-17501200-1516305906_thumb.png

Fixed my not responding decode problem by adding these 2 fixes to my config.plist:

HECI to IMEI
494d4549 

EC0 to EC
4543305f 
45435f5f

No problems after sleep so far. I wrote hardwarevideodecode back to enabled too, everything is good.

PowerManagement  fix:

set HWPEnable=YES in Clover, CPUFloor to 700, Frequency to "2300" and "3200"(Normal and Turbo, if you have i7-6700HQ version then it should be 2600, 3500) and "FrequencyVectors" from "0x0d000000" to "0x07000000" in "S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C.plist", MSR _xcpm_idle Patch to KernelToPatch in Clover (If you have Mojave, change "MatchOS" to 10.14:

<key>KernelToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>MSR 0xE2 _xcpm_idle instant reboot(c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ILniAAAADzA=
				</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ILniAAAAkJA=
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array> 

And now it's ~40°C and 800MHz in idle state, same on Windows! Battery still draining faster on Mac, but I think its because they are different OSs.

post-102255-0-54929500-1520425235_thumb.pngpost-102255-0-17064400-1520350941_thumb.png

post-102255-0-06432000-1520350951_thumb.png