Acer Aspire V 15 V5-591G-55TU - Mojave

kushwavez

Okay, so here is the conclusion:

I using the system with IntelGraphicsFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, Lilu since Sierra (On 10.12.6 Sierra, no freezes after sleep, everything is good).

1. Now, on HS I'm using the latest version of these, + downloaded latest version of Shiki. Freeze continues. 

2. Tried to add shikigva=4 to boot flags, freeze continues.

What freezing: System is good, I can do everything (play 3d games, play music, or anything else), BUT when I open a video, then application is not responding (Safari with yt(only the Page not responding), quicktime, Mplayerx, etc.) and I have to force quit these apps.

Freeze only happens after sleep wake. 
Before sleep these working like charm.

Is it possible to figure out what cause this freezes?

EDIT!!: I don't know how, but after sleep I started a video on youtube. Yes, because it was on 240p resolution. Then I started a 720p HD video, freeze started. So...I can watch 240p video, but I can't watch 360p or higher res videos...weird, huh...

Hi @viktor001! 

Would you be so kind to explain when to use your attached EFI folder - preinstall or post install (after creating Clover USB or after installing the OS)? I'm a newbie and don't want to make a mistake skipping the steps. Thank you in advance!

Thank you for the quick reply!

I successfully entered the clover boot and have two options - Boot MacOSx and my existing windows NTFS. When starting the installation I'm stuck at the following text and afterwards the system reboots:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Using reloc block: yes hibernate wake: no

What I'm doing wrong? Anything to be enabled/disabled in the Clover options?

Check your BIOS settings. UEFI Boot need to be enabled, and Secure Boot mode disabled.

I think it's not the Clover's fault, If you have this notebook, it should be good, because I'm using that EFI right now. The config.plist is configured for this notebook.

If still not working, check another USB port, or check your USB drive.

The only things you have to install after the Mac installation with Kext utils are the WiFi, Bluetooth (If you have BCM94352z: BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2, FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext), Batterymanager (ACPIBatteryManager.kext). For audio if not working, download and place a new release of AppleALC.kext in the Clover\Kexts\Other.

• Like 1