[SOLVED] Latitude E6530 High Sierra Upgrade using Clover

esmith1966

Hello Jake,

I have successfully installed mac using ur latest config.plist how ever following the post #1 in the guide it refers to copying from EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER/LE to /Library/Extensions how ever there was no /EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER/LE folder in my EFI.

i am now doing my first boot without my premade usb installer. will post update later.

I need assistance, 
For some reason i cannot get any of the display ports to work via docking station or without dock.

On the laptop i have VGA and HDMI ports, neither works outside of dock.

And on dock i have DisplayPorts and DVI and VGA and none of them works.

Anybody can help me with this?

Edited by roniez
ports on docking or on laptop not working (except USB)

• Moderators

You probably didn't read the 1st page...

NVS is not supported in High Sierra therefore disabled via DSDT.

As a result all external video connections are disabled since it's hardwired to the NVS.

If you want to use the HDMI/DP port, you'll need to go with NVS which is supported below High Sierra.

Hi everyone, I read that using the hdmi video connection for the E6530 is possible (turning Nvidia off via DSDT) but the applehda audio kext must be used (not voodoo), is that correct? I am trying to activate the internal sound of my laptop using Applehda (patched via HDA patcher) + applealc + lilu + commander  but I can´t (usb headphones work ok). Thank you for your help (attached is my DSDT file)

DSDTv2.zip

• Moderators

@Smart Tek Peru

That's incorrect. HDMI / DP are hardwired to the Nvidia graphics. Disabling via DSDT will prevent all external connection. Having patched AppleHDA has nothing to do with HDMI connection but perhaps HDMI Audio which is useless since HDMI is not going to work.

If you want to use AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA, you can use Lilu.kext + AppleALC.kext, but HDAPatcher should not be use together. Either or, not both.

10 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

@Smart Tek Peru

That's incorrect. HDMI / DP are hardwired to the Nvidia graphics. Disabling via DSDT will prevent all external connection. Having patched AppleHDA has nothing to do with HDMI connection but perhaps HDMI Audio which is useless since HDMI is not going to work.

If you want to use AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA, you can use Lilu.kext + AppleALC.kext, but HDAPatcher should not be use together. Either or, not both.

I went back to voodoo and sound is working as expected (internal, usb headphones, line out). Too bad that hdmi video output is not available in the dual GPU of E6530 (nvidia nvs5200m + intel HD4000). Hopefully, somebody can find a way at some point. Thank you for your help.

2 hours ago, Smart Tek Peru said:

I went back to voodoo and sound is working as expected (internal, usb headphones, line out). Too bad that hdmi video output is not available in the dual GPU of E6530 (nvidia nvs5200m + intel HD4000). Hopefully, somebody can find a way at some point. Thank you for your help.

Actually, I found that voodoohda had an issue with my internal mic. I followed Bronxteck's advice and cleared up unnecessary kexts and leave only vanillaHDA in S/L/E and place latest ALC+Lilu in efi/clover/kexts/other . After restarting, audio worked as expected and there was no issue with my internal mic.

• Like 1