Dell 3540 Sierra - Post installation and HD4400 Graphics fix

lucky9

I have installed sierra successfully on my laptop but I am kind of stuck in post installations. 

My laptop configuration are as follows: 

as Shown In SMBIOS

Intel Core i3 4005U @ 1.7GHz

Board : 043T50

Intel Graphics HD4400 1366x768

Bios Ver: A06 on AHCI MODE (UEFI)

Chiset : HM87 Express

Full Specification here: https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-latitude-3540-15-6-core-i3-4005u-4-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd/specs/

To proceed with post installation I installed Clover_v2.4k_r4243 

To fix sound and graphics I was browsing a forums and watching videos got some kext files and got it installed form kext Utility.  It was fixed but I then messed around a little bit more to fix the HD4400 graphics and the sound gone ... LOL.. 

I'm not  able to boot without the USB stick, 

When booting EFI form internal HDD, Clover in option Boot Args: shows nothing. 

When I try to boot form there the apple logo appears ones and then it restarts.

Config.Plist is also attached.. 

Clover pic attached also attached below: 

Please guide me how to get this thing working..

I really appreciate if someone can help me out.. Thanks:)

post-114423-0-94427200-1508152403_thumb.jpeg

config.rar

• Moderators

I see a lot of missing or wrong files from your attachment, I believe this is from your internal EFI partition which is why it won't boot

1) The Extra folder is for Chameleon loader, won't work on Clover

2) There's no kexts found in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other or any 10.xx. folder, perhaps you install them to the system directory

3) The Config file is almost empty, not sure how you're able to boot with that as it is now

4) Files in /EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI does not reflect those if installed from v4243

Since you're able to boot with the USB Installer, you should replace the Clover folder from the USB EFI partition to the HDD EFI partition, that should fix your boot issue from the HDD.

Please list the kexts you have install with kext utility, run this from terminal, post the result here

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

Sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -i /

• Like 1

Thanks Jake for the reply, 

You are right, the EFI folder I have attached is from the internal EFI partition Folder. 

I installed the kext files through kext utility but I didn't copy those kext files inside the Colver 10.xxx folders. 

Do I have to copy those files inside those folders? 

The Extra Folder was originally inside usb stick which I copied it to my Internal EFI partition folder as I read somewhere this could fix HDD graphics issues..

NOW, 

as per your expert advise , I copied the EFI folder from USB stick to Inside EFL partition folder.. 

Booted successfully to OSX

One thing I want to mention here that, I have to enter 0x000106E0 under Binary Paching under Clover Options to boot OS successfully, otherwise It crashes. 

I'm enclosing the kext files which I installed earlier, but after booting to OS I haven't installed anything please look at those files attached and tell me which file should I install. 

I request you to please give me an example for running  commands to install kext form terminal.  

Kexts.rar

MacBook-Pro:~ A$ sudo kextcache -i/

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_HD.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCIPortInjector.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

these command displays nothing 

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

Sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

• Moderators

Looks like you're using bootpack 3550, why not use 3540 that's correct for your system?

Here replace the attached file into /EFI/Clover overwriting the current files in your HDD EFI partition.

You shouldn't have to add any additional patching.

Remove all those kexts you have installed above, add only the 4 kexts found in kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

repair permission and rebuild cache

Post the error is it's not bootable.

3540_Sierra.zip

• Like 1

[...]

Remove all those kexts you have installed above, add only the 4 kexts found in kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

repair permission and rebuild cache

Post the error is it's not bootable.

How do i  remove those kexts I installed ? manually deleting these files 

and how to repair permission rebuild cache

HFSPlus.eufi  is not there in  /EFI/Clover/driver64UEFI

from where to copy  HFSPlus.eufi 

Although, I have removed all the kext files form the extension,  then some error pops up after pasting those files "code commander was not installed correctly contact vender... something like this and there . there were 3 - 4 similar messages popped up.