[UPDATED] [Nov. 2017] Fix BTFirmwareUploader in macOS High Sierra

black.dragon74

i try to all method but does't work for me (AR9462 , AR3012 (VID: 0cf3 , PID 311e)

This workaround is seen to have issues on macOS High Sierra 10.13.1. Also, I can't help you debug without proper problem reporting files.

See Here

Brief follow up to where I had left off with Bronxteck's injector.

I was able to pair an Apple Keyboard and Magic Mouse 2 successfully. However, the unit dropped to Sleep Mode after I had to step away for a bit.  When I woke it, the devices were unable to reconnect. I shutdown/restarted, and this continued to be the case. I manually removed the entries for the keyboard and mouse, rebooted, and attempted to pair them again from scratch but could not. At one point, when scanning for BT devices, the unit saw the mouse again but was unable to pair it.

Sound to me as USB issue, I would suggest you to move USB devices on EHCI controller to XHCI controller.

Attach proper problem reporting files. See Here

Thanks Bronxteck & black.dragon74!

I found success with a different approach altogether.  Credit goes to Alex / Schiller from this thread: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9414-azurewave-broadcom-bcm94352hmbbcm94352-wlanbt40-macos-sierra-10121/

My approach taken from there was as follows:

1) Clean-install High Sierra (ref: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-el-capitan-clover-guide)

2) Drop the 3 kexts from BCM94352HCMB -BT Sierra 10.12.1.zip (linked in the Alex / Schiller thread in post #1) to /System/Library/Extensions

3) Rebuild cache using the commands from Post-Installation Step #8 from the install guide I used above in the first step to clean-install)

4) Copy the two kexts mentioned in post #5's step 1 from the Alex / Schiller thread to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13/

5) Use Clover Configurator to make the tweaks to config.plist that are listed in post #5's step 4 from the Alex / Schiller thread.

6) Reboot

For me, both WiFi and Bluetooth were available.  I was immediately able to pair my BT devices.

I have found a dirty way to make ar3012 and perhaps other stuff initially supported by this kext work in 10.13.6.

No VM or other crazy methods are needed.

What I've done is I installed 10.12.6 usb kexts over the original:

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip IOUSBHostFamily.kext.zip

I should point out, that such a barbaric method can break stuff, but it didn't my case.

Prone to be broken after even security updates. If such is the case - eat, sleep, dance, repeat.

I cannot fathom, why the developer cannot opensource it even though he's out of the scene.

• Administrators

In order to sustain any further High Sierra update, place those kexts in /L/E, increase their version number to something like 999, repair permissions and rebuild your cache. /S/L/E then remains full vanilla and those kexts with higher version number take precedence at startup/in the cache.