[SUCCESS] Sierra on Optiplex 9020

fademar

• Moderators

No, definitely has the same ALC280.

I believe HDMI is working, so it might default to that, so check to see if you can switch to headphone.

Update:

Sorry, the back doesn't work, only the front headphone jack works and HDMI audio.

I tried to plug headphones on the front jack. Strangely the headphones are detected by the system (I can see them in the Preference Pane) but no sound comes out. 

Concerning the HDMI, my Optiplex has no HDMI output (only Displayport, USB and line)

EDIT : I am facing another problem with that Hackintosh. As soon as I am trying to connect to iCloud with my apple id, I got a message that says that my account is locked for security reason and I have to change my password. Have you ever faced a problem like that ? 

EDIT2 : Found the solution about the iCloud problem. I needed to update the config file with clover configurator. SmUUID in SMBIOS and ROM in Rt Variables were missing ! I used this solution : http://www.hackintosh-montreal.com/t6180-apple-id-verrouille-resolu 

Pour réparer iMessage: il faut compléter les champs de Clover
On utilisera pour cela clover configurator
SMBIOS
-Dans « Board Serial Number », collez votre « serial number » suivi de 5 caractères en Majuscule.
(Ajoutez 5 caractères n’importe quoi: C02LK5RFDNMP004RT)
-Ouvrez le Terminal et tapez « UUIDGEN », validez par la touche « Entrée », 
le terminal vous donne une suite de caractères : 445CBFC1-EC35-4E7E-85C6-9EFC2CA66866.
-Collez-le dans le champ « SmUUID »

Rt Variables
Copiez votre « Board Serial Number » (17 caractères)

Cliquez sur l’onglet Rt Variables de Gauche.

Dans MLB, collez votre Board Serial Number.

Cliquez sur « Calculate » et copiez le contenu du champ ROM dans le champ ROM du haut.

Sauvegardez 
Redémarrez.

To repair iMessage: Clover Fields must be completed

We will use for this clover configurator
SMBIOS
-In "Board Serial Number", paste your "serial number" followed by 5 characters in capital letters. (Add 5 characters anything: C02LK5RFDNMP004RT)
-Open the Terminal and type "UUIDGEN", confirm with the "Enter" key,
the terminal gives you a sequence of characters: 445CBFC1-EC35-4E7E-85C6-9EFC2CA66866.
- Put it in the "SmUUID" field

Rt Variables
Copy your Board Serial Number (17 characters)
Click the Rt Variables tab on the left.
In MLB, paste your Board Serial Number.
Click "Calculate" and copy the contents of the ROM field into the top ROM field.
Save
Restart.

• Moderators

You should have audio out to the external monitor connected through the DisplayPort, assuming your monitor has the capability.

How are you testing the audio through the headphone?

Did you enable "Play feedback when volume is changed" in the sound preference?

You should have audio out to the external monitor connected through the DisplayPort, assuming your monitor has the capability.

How are you testing the audio through the headphone?

Did you enable "Play feedback when volume is changed" in the sound preference?

hi , I just finished installing HS on my 9020 minitower. I don't have audio from display port. but I have audio from built in speaker. can you direct me ?

• Moderators

I had mentioned it on another 9020 thread that sleep doesn't work properly on HS. Last working OS is Sierra.

Does your monitor have audio output capability? If yes, check preference, see if you have an option to switch from build-in to displayPort

Follow instructions from here to further debug issue