[SUCCESS] Sierra on Optiplex 9020

fademar

Thanks for your guide Jake Lo (and sorry to hijack the thread) : https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6006-optiplex-9020-mavericks-el-capitan-sierra-wip/&do=findComment&comment=66853

I'm a proud owner of a 9020 mini-tower i7 4770, 16 gb of RAM, two SSD's, one 1TB mechanical DD and an NVidia GT 710. Works really well with latest Sierra: sleep/wake, iTunes movies with the help of Shiki, Lilu and NVidiaGraphicsFixup. For the onboard audio, I use the AppleALC Lilu plugin in my Clover EFI. I just have the front jacks working but it is enough for me as I also use a Roland USB audio interface.

I've modified a bit your Config.plist as the power management wasn't working optimally. The CPU was staying in the 3 GHz range...

For the record, High Sierra is a no go now unless you don't use sleep: KP at wake. If you wanna try HS, you have to check "FixHeaders" in Clover Configurator.

Is it necessary to have a graphics card. I have dell 9020 and follow Jake Lo's guide, I have everything except the graphics card but I keep on getting rebooted back to clover menu, Basically first I go onto Apple logo from clover menu when I select external and then machine reboots.

Is it necessary to have a graphics card. I have dell 9020 and follow Jake Lo's guide, I have everything except the graphics card but I keep on getting rebooted back to clover menu, Basically first I go onto Apple logo from clover menu when I select external and then machine reboots.

I hope you didn't used my Clover folder posted here 'cause it's tailored for NVidia card. Be sure to use the files in this link: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6006-optiplex-9020-mavericks-el-capitan-sierra-wip/&do=findComment&comment=66853

oops! Yes, I did use your clover folder but the system is working and display is not showing any issues. My problem is on the final stages now I am installing Sierra the latest release. The issue is that post-installation I am not able to Generate own SMBios and SSDT. The script provide is generating ssdt.dsl instead of ssdt.aml and if I use beta version of ssdPRGen.sh then I am getting errors that  not able to found dsdt or ssdt* files. I am trying to run directly from the usb

So, I cannot run from the ssd the only option is to boot to usb clover and then point it to the ssd.

If I try to run from ssd on the clover menu if I runn from Macintosh ssd I get a stop sign

• Moderators

Don't need SSDT.aml, it's really for laptops only.

But SMBios, you should be able to with latest Clover Configurator.

To boot from SSD, you 1st need to install Clover to the SSD drive and then copy the EFI folder from your USB partition over to the SSD EFI partition.

So I followed the steps and installed clover onto my SSD and then completed SMBios steps. I then removed my USB and rebooted the machine, I do get the clover menu where I chooses Macintosh SSD where I installed Sierra but I then am directed to a black screen with a white stop sign. There are no messages shown. I am now only able to use the system if I boot from the USB and then choose Macintosh SSD.

So I think clover is getting installed on Macintosh SSD but not SMBios, I tried using iMac profile and Mac Mini but results the same screen.

Thanks!! everything is working now. What I did was I followed the steps in the guide exactly again but this time with the 9020 A020 files provided in the guide. I did now use the clover files I got earlier from this page. I did update my BIOS

Now the OS is starting fine with the SSD. I am able to use USB device via a dongle. I am also able to get 3440 x 1440 just using the DP port on the motherboard which is very good surprise as I thought I would have to probably get a separate graphics card for that kind of resolution. But looks like the intel CPU can handle this well and that too at 60 Hz. 

Very happy with the setup so far. Thanks again! for the great guide. I will post back if I need some help.

Hope you update this guide soon for the upgrade path to high Sierra when it is 100% working!