[SUCCESS] Sierra on Optiplex 9020

fademar

Yes, I am sure now as I tried to do it again. Whenever I try to update and rebuild cache, repair permissions etc. the system does hang. Always while browsing on Safari it is basically because of Safari update that came with this update I guess.

Exactly!! that was what I was missing

I just added latest version of Lilu  and intelgraphicsfixup and now everything is working buttery smooth. In fact the graphics are better than before. No more safari crashes :) 

Thanks a ton!

Hi! I know this thread was started a year ago, and I don't intend to highjack this thread but I'm trying to create my first hackintosh unit using a Dell Optiplex 9020 micro pc. I was searching on the internet and I happened to find this thread. I am a newbie to this hackintosh stuff so I was hoping someone could point me to the right thread on a step by step walkthrough to successfully install sierra on a 9020. TIA!

I am having a bit of a problem with a second Optiplex after installation of Sierra. It boots, and everything works, but the boot is S L O W. Booting it in verbose shows that the system spends about 1 minute idle and then prints to the terminal: 

busy, timeout [0], 60 seconds, kextd wait (0), 'display'

Sometimes this is repeated once, but not all the time. Bottom line is that it takes close to 2 minutes to boot from a Samsung 860 SSD.  Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Bronxteck said:

are both bios at the same revision? look for differences between them. if you want to see if it is hardware or os related swap your drives and see if the issue transfers. these are all basic troubleshooting tips for any system.

Same BIOS revisions, but swapping drives shows that the problem may be with the installation. The slow boot does not happen with the 10.11 disk.