Precision M6400 High Sierra Botched Upgrade

griftopia

So I had installed Clover onto my Enoch booted 10.12 laptop.

Since on my M6500 NullCPU kext was not providing any benefit and continued to work after I removed it, I thought I would do the same on my M6400. Additionally since Clover has a AppleRTC kernel patch I also removed the 10.12 specific kext and repaired permissions. That's when my problems started.

I proceeded to create a Clover USB with 10.13. After all the objective of getting Clover on to 10.12 in the first place was to make 10.13 upgrade easier. So I did finish 10.13 install all the way through. Then I booted with USB stick but booted to my 10.13 hard drive. The problem is my laptop still restarts after booting.

Bronxtech had suggested single user mode on my broken 10.12 install but I saw that too late. However now, even after 10.13 installed, my laptop is behaving the same way. So I booted using -s and sure enough my /L*/E* kexts were intact, i.e. not clobbered by 10.13 install. I was feeling very happy and started repairing permissions. As soon as I was about to "touch /L*/E*, I saw the same symptoms - fast scrolling of lines too quick to read and a restart.

So basically I can't even get screen to pause to see what the problem is. Are there any other options I can try? I would hate to have to do complete fresh install of 10.13 after formatting my HD. At this time not even sure if my problem is my USB stick or my HD. I'm using all the kexts and DSDT I used with 10.12 Enoch so I expected to at least have a bootable laptop.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@JakeLo. Thank you very much for that suggestion. So debug=0x100 halted the screen on panic.

I'm not using SSDT with this laptop, however, can you clarify where CpuPM, CPu01st is in config.plist? I couldn't find it.

Anyways, the log halts on last line : Please go to https://panic.apple.comto report this panic. Huh?

Few lines before those are

@kec.Libm              1

@kec.pthread         1

@kec.corecrpyto    1.0

If that means anything? Chicken and egg problem now...If I can't boot I can't fix permissions/cache.

So for some reason it is stuck on below line for 10 minutes.

NVDAStartup: Official

nv_disable is unchecked and Inject NVidia is checked. Just like I had before and it should totally work. So some other setting not sure which is preventing boot. I even tried different USB ports, just in case. When I initially installed 10.13 I had no issues whatsoever.

AppleIntelCPUPM I think you checked, but not sure. Any ideas what can be changed now?