griftopia

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It did not make any difference. It still hangs at same line for Nvidia :-(

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Meanwhile I'm cloning the HD with the 10.13 installed, yet crashing, and then try scratch install. For some reason if that goes through...

The only reason I'm doing scratch it because after all I was able to install 10.13 and it seemed to be working fine until I tried to grow a brain and make it perfect when there was no real sign any kext was causing any damage. I will make sure I put the backup HD in and leave the original untouched so can always try and work with config.plist on it.

@Jake Lo - I dunno why but NULLCPU kext is required for M6400. Removing it was a mistake. With the AppleRTC patch I don't need the Patched10.12 kext for it. So that's good.

So how did I fix - I did a full reinstall but without formatting HD instead of an Upgrade. However before doing that I went to Utility->Terminal and deleted all kexts in /L/E on the hard drive. I was hoping the full reinstall would rebuild the cache. Not sure if it did or not but it sure stopped crashing.

Everything else seems to be working except Bluetooth. I hope to figure it out shortly.

The only thing surprising is that I didn't have to copy VoodooHDA et. al to /L/E for sound to work. This is a first.

@Herve - Sorry I typed too fast and wrong. It IS a PCIE Bluetooth which is why I ran lpsci command. I had it working with some kext patch in 10.12. However with 10.13 does not work. In any case I want to figure out how to patch it with Clover.

I couldn't open my laptop before because I had broken my screw driver. Just purchased new one and looked at it. It is BCM92046MPCIE. This one...

https://www.amazon.com/Broadcom-BCM92046MPCIE-Bluetooth-Wireless-Card-DELL/dp/B00B1O6OKY

Trying to find device ids, but not succeeding.

• Administrators

This is a WPAN module and I still expect it to be USB. You said you had it working in 10.12 with some patch, so just re-apply the same patch on the 10.13 kext, knowing that the name of the kext and the syntax of its Info.plist file has probably changed again. 'should be the relevant "transport" kext. 'seems a pretty easy and old-fashioned patch, nothing out of the usual/norm.

Okay so like I said it was the DellBluetoochHCI kext I had which has worked for this card from Yosemite through Sierra. With High Sierra it does not work.

There are 8 kexts under IOBluetoothFamily. I cycled through them once to see to find a VID entry I could replicate for my PID, but didn't find any. Assuming that's the correct kext I will look again carefully. If there's some other kext I should be looking at please let me know.

• Administrators

You have all the necessary information to find the relevant PlugIn in seconds. Same for the patch. It's a matter of common sense. You just need to look at things. You have:

• a BCM92046 card (I take it you can derive certain obvious things from that)
  • a Bluetooth "transport" kext to patch
  • a DellBluetoothHCI kext that used to work but no longer does under 10.13
  • a statement that advised you that Apple changes Bluetooth kext name and syntax of its Info.plist at nearly every new OS