[Mini Guide] HighSierra Dell E5430

vic1

• Administrators

if your using legacy boot loader install then you might have to reinstall the boot loader from a different osx volume or disk especially if you have a HDD/SSD that has a 4k sector offset so that the drive can be unmounted to wright the new boot sector files. also if it puts the EFI on the root of the osx volume you just installed too you need to move it to the real EFI volume so that clover can function properly if using clover. clover cannot wright to HFS so some things might night work correctly like making dumps or logs and sometimes nvram if using emuvariable driver but the real EFI volume is formatted fat32 so clover will function.

EDIT: My BIOS version is A16. Do I still need to downgrade to A12 still for 10.13? I remember 10.10 and 10.11 needed A12.

E5430, i5, 8GB RAM, 1366x768 screen. I am using the dsdt and ssdt that Jake posted. I ran into the same issue with the hard drive formatted as NTFS not showing in Disk Utility. So I changed to the config posted for the USB fix. Now I get this screen:

gbpgQ6y.jpg

EDIT2: Fixed. 1366 vPro Pre-Install clover folder. Needed AHCIPortInjector kext. Folder is attached.

E5430-Pre_Install1013-1366.zip

Same specs as above reply. Currently boots into MacOS. I have no ethernet, no bluetooth, and no wifi, since the DW1520 (BRCM4360) kext has been changed for high Sierra. I did the manual patching (hex editor) from here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8739-patching-airportbrcm4360-kext-for-unsupported-mac-models/which causes boot loop. Haven't tried anything else yet, since I need internet working first. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Another issue. Once it boots, I can mount EFI and play with it, but once I reboot it when I play with the EFI partition, I get a boot loop until I put the drive in a dock and mount the EFI on another computer. Once I do that, put it back in the laptop, my boot loop is gone. I don't understand whatsoever. I am unmounting it before rebooting after I play with the partition.

Blew it all away. Built a new clover folder for my configuration. It installs. It boots to the install page. Installs. Then I can configure user info. Once I reboot and use the USB or hard drive (same EFI folder as USB) and gets a kernel panic. I don't know how to pull the boot.log from Clover, because even slo-mo 240FPS can't capture the crash. It crashes right before it shows the Apple logo. Here is the current folder attached.

EFI-E5430-HS.zip