High Sierra on Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H

NaviD

• Moderators

Seems your boot loop is due to editing the Config with new Clover Configurator v4.54 and up which changes the ACPI fixes names. Try using an older version v4.53

This shouldn't happen if your Clover loader is at v4297. Go to preference, launch Clover (assuming ming you had install Clover preference during Clover loader install).

It should show you current booted version and last installed revision. Confirm if you really have v4297 installed

Bootloop

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>DeleteUnused</key>
<true/>
<key>FixIPIC</key>
<true/>
<key>FixRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>FixRegions</key>
<true/>
<key>FixTMR</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Works

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
<true/>
<key>FIX_RTC_20000</key>
<true/>
<key>FIX_TMR_40000</key>
<true/>
<key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
<true/>
<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
<true/>
</dict>

See the naming difference?

• Moderators

Looks fine for UEFI BIOS.

Is that the same setting you selected the first time you installed Clover?

Post the Clover_Install_Log.txt found on /EFI, it should have details of how it was originally installed.

2 liners like this usually is UEFI like you have in the screenshot

Installing BootSectors/BootLoader

Stage 0 - Don't write any of boot0af, boot0md, boot0ss to /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra
Stage 1 - Don't write any of boot1h2, boot1f32alt, boot1xalt to /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra

This is usually ESP (Legacy)

Backing up EFI files

Current Active Partition: 1
Stage 0 - Writting boot0af to /dev/disk1
/Volumes/U/usr/local/bin/fdisk440 -u -f /Volumes/U/usr/standalone/i386/boot0af -y /dev/disk1

Stage 1 - Writting boot1f32 to /dev/rdisk1s1
dd if=/dev/rdisk1s1 count=1 bs=512 of=/tmp/origbs
boot volume format is FAT32
cp /tmp/boot1f32 /tmp/newbs
dd if=/tmp/origbs of=/tmp/newbs skip=3 seek=3 bs=1 count=87 conv=notrunc
dd if=/tmp/newbs of=/dev/rdisk1s1

Setup Active Partition to be: 1
New Active Partition: 1

Stage 2 - Written boot6 (x64) to /Volumes/U/boot

Hello guys, can any of you please help me with my config? I have the same motherboard, BIOS version F7 and I am trying to install vanilla High Sierra 10.13.5. I use custom DSDT corrected by myself, no errors and warnings, but with slightly different size then the one posted in this topic earlier.

So, what's the problem? My USB mouse is not working in the installer. It works perfectly fine in already installed macOS High Sierra (but it's Niresh's version I wouldn't like to keep on my system). Here is my current EFI folder:

EFI Folder.zip

I am using the latest Clover v4542 and my latest version of the config is based on previously posted one in this topic.

Mouse works fine in Clover, it doesn’t work once I reach the installation part, I cannot choose anything because mouse stays in the top left corner. No way to finish the installation with keyboard only (I have ps2 keyboard that works). I tried everything I could think of, switching ports, using USB 2.0 and 3.0, changing kexts, going with or without DSDT...