[SUCCESS] High Sierra on Dell xps 12 9Q33

jones333333

Jake Lo,

I followed your instructions and also used the files that you posted for clover but I have an issue. The machine boot but the display shuts down before it reach the login screen. The laptop seems to be running but without screen powered on. Also if I close the lid, the machine goes in sleep mode.

Any idea what can causing this ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shine a flashlight and see if anything is displayed on the screen, then tell the results here. Also, Are you using FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext?

Edit: Okay so looking at you IOReg I found out that you are not using FakePCIID kexts, a few posts later Jake has attached them for you, Please try by installing them to /S/L/E

Also, it would be really helpful if you could provide us with problem reporting files.

See here on how to generate problem reporting files: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/10154-tool-problem-reporting-file-generator/

Regards

• Like 1

First, thanks to all for your help.

I discovered that in fact, my display was functionning but it seems that the brigthness level was set to minimum as if if I used the FN key and "brigthness up" key, suddenly the screen was functionning.

I need to do this manipulation every time I boot the device.

I also did a fresh install High Sierra but the issue persist.

On another point, there is something really strange everytime I boot the device, when I ,reach the longon screen the keyboard and trackpad aren't functionning directly. It seems that the machine is hanging for 1 minutes or 2. I can move the pointer or type my password with the keyboard but it is extremely slow to react. After 2 minutes the device seems to react back to normal.

I will now generate a problem reporting following the instructions of black.dragon74 and post it directly.

Once again, thanks for your time.

Please see if your machine has NVRAM support. Also, problem reporting files please.

The second problem is common with haswell machines running High Sierra on a few SMBIOS. What SMBIOS are your using?

You will have to remove unused connectors from Framebuffer to solve the lag.

EDIT: Okay. Lemme have a look at your files.

Okay, so looking at your IOREG here are a few things to note:-

- Use SMBIOS of MacBook Air 6,2 (less problematic and might fix ~20 seconds lag after sleep.)

- You have unbalanced renames (You have not renamed GFX0 to IGPU in SSDT-9.aml)

- Power management is not implemented correctly (Missing SSDT.aml)

- Please remove LE folder from EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other (It won't cause issues but not recommended, I see you have installed the 3 kexts to /L/E)

Things you have to do:-

Install the following kexts to /S/L/E and remove them from /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other

• ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

Remove bogus FakeIDs (0x0) from all the fields under Devices > FakeID except the FakeID for IntelGFX

Also, did you install RC Scripts while installing Clover? They are needed for proper NVRAM emulation as I see you are using EmuVariable.

Please do the above and let me know, if you face any problems, re-report with problem reporting files.

If the above steps solve your lag after sleep then it's alright, else, we will have to removed unused connectors from Framebuffer.

EDIT: I have removed the unused connectors for you, If you boot up fine and there is no lag after following the above steps, well and good, else, you might consider giving the attached config.plist a try:-

config.plist.zip

• Administrators

Always better to install add-on kexts to /L/E rather than /S/L/E; helps keep track of the kexts and the folder is ignored if you boot without cache (very useful when you tests kexts through injection rather than caching). Only install kexts to /S/L/E if absolutely necessary (like patched AppleHDA for instance).