[SUCCESS] High Sierra on Dell xps 12 9Q33

jones333333

black.dragon74,

after following the steps of your last post and using your config.plist my lag issue is gone !

Regardind the unbalanced rename, if I remember wel, these aml files were provided to me by Jake Lo.

I did not patch these files myself as I was unable to do so. I am still trying to understand how to patch DSDT and SSDT correctly so I don't know directly what modification should be done in order to fix this.

I generated an SSDT.aml and put it on clover/ACPI/Patched

​But indeed it's seems that my power management is not implemented correctly. As exemple, i am unable to see my battery status also the Lightning of my stay illuminated constantly.

​Last issue is my trackpad (Synaptics) that seems not to be detected in the preference.

For the rest, the device is already working incredibely well!! it's really amazing.

​What should I do in order to fix the last issues remaining regarding power management and trackpad ? 

create a new debut file and also I put my EFI folder in attachment.

Already a big thanks to you all for your help.

EFI.zip

debug_6779.zip

• Moderators

Generating SSDT.aml will fix the powermanagement issue

The Battery status is a different issue. I forgot to patch for the Battery. That should be fix with this new DSDT. 

The trackpad preference not appearing would be due to VoodooPS2Controller. It's already on the latest version.

Works fine on my Synaptics touchpad though.

Replace the Config.plist and the 2 attach *aml file

Can you confirm if Audio is working? Headphone, and internal speakers autoswitch?

Sleep / Wake on LID Open/Close?

HDMI / DP working?

The patch black.dragon74 added assumes it only has 1 HDMI port on 0105 and no DisplayPort or VGA.

FixBattery.zip

• Moderators

Battery patch should be correct. Try rebuilding cache

Did you get it to sleep and wake prior to the changes?

try this

disable hibernation in terminal

• sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
  • sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage
  • sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null

Ok so I spend my day using the device in order to have a good visibility of the status of this installation.

I have to say that I am having a blast with this laptop running Osx High Sierra. It was already a very good device Under Windwos 10 but now it's a totally other story. Osx is running very fast and stable for now. I laso tried some of the software that I usually use as Logic Pro, Ableton Live and Traktor using my external soundcard and I have to say that I am really impressed!! I never though that I could get a result like this one. And this is impossible without your incredible knowledge.

I am already the owner of a latitude E7440 running High Sierra that I installed following several of your posts on this forum and I was already impressed with the result on this laptop. I am now 2 time more impressed by this XPS...  :-P  :-P 

What I need to fix:

- battery status (still doesn't appear I followed everything you said Jake Lo but I begin to get lost on this one..)

- Synaptics Trackpad: still always recognized as an ordinary mouse. I tried different version of Voodoocontroller.kext from Rehabman but without any success.

Also tried to installed it in EFI/clover/Kext/other as Library/Extension or System/Library/extension but I can't find a solution for this one too.

-audio is working well from the internall speakers of the laptop but if I use the headphone jack I only get loud noises and crackling sound. Tried with different headphone too, same result.

- Display port output (the only video outpup available on this laptop) is working well but no sound output trough the display port connection. Sound is still playing from the internal speakers.

-I generated a SSDT.aml and it seems that I know have proper power management.

If I could get these remaining issue fixed, i could say that this device will be fully functionnal !!! :-P 

EFI.zip

debug_10495.zip

• Moderators

Try these new files.

Replace Config and DSDT, and add AppleHDA_ALC668 to /L/E

Remove AppleALC from /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

Repair permission and rebuild cache

Hopefully the new files fix the following:

• Battery Status
  • DisplayPort Audio output to external monitor
  • Headphone static noise fix

XPS12_fixes.zip

Here you are.

There is Something Strange happening with my config, if I boot without DSDT (I put "BIOS.aml" manually at boot with clover)

then my battery status is functionning wel.

I put restarted the machine with the DSDT and then the battery status isn't working anymore. 

Regarding my sound, after several restarts it suddenly was reactivated en working perfectly for the headphone output as well as for the speakers. I still need to test the audio with display port.

Here my last debug

debug_29004.zip