[SUCCESS] High Sierra on Dell xps 12 9Q33

jones333333

YES !!!! it fixed it, you're a Genius !

Sorry for my late answer. Bettery status is now showing with percentage !!

But I think that I messed my files a little bit because I have no more audio know..

I will retrace all your post, reinstall the system completely, and keep your up to date as soon as possible.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!!!

This is so a great community !!!

All is working fine know but I have still a little issue: battery status is showing but not updating, i have to close the lid of the laptop and then re open it in order to update the percentage of the battery status. Do you have any idea if is there a fix for this ? 

• Administrators

you can try the new ACPIBatteryManager.kext from here in the note he states you might need to add a boot flag

Change Log:

2017-10-01 v1.81.4

• add kernel flag "abm_firstpolldelay" to allow override of FirstPollDelay with simple kernel flag entry (config.plist/Boot/Arguments). For example, to set FirstPollDelay to 16000 (16 seconds), use abm_firstpolldelay=16000

Ok guys... this is incredible!!!!

So I followed your last instructions: installed new version of ACPIBatteryManager and use the flag abm_firstpolldelay=16000.
I could then re-enabled the trim support and all is working!!!

Trackpad with prefpane, audio speakers and audio via displayport, battery status with realtime percentage update, sleep and wake !!!!

I will now just replace the WIFI card by a compatible one and this will be a fully functional OS X High Sierra laptop !

Thanks A LOT for your help, this couldn’t be possible without your knowledge !

the device is still working very well and I planned to replace the WIFI card so it will be complete. After several long research I found that my only choice is the DELL DW1707 (AR9565) it's the only card that have the compatible form factor for this laptop (NGFF M.2).

If I understand correctly these chip is working but no so well isn't it ?