[SUCCESS] High Sierra on Dell xps 12 9Q33

jones333333

Hey Jake. Writing this from my hackintosh XPS12. The bootpack you provided was flawless and did all the heavy-lifting. By far this was my least troubling hackintosh installation. Just need a quick tip, whenever I boot up and am taken to MAC lock screen, there are artefacts like image attached below. Any idea why they may happen?

From your build, I guess my only difference is, that my processor is i7 thus making graphics intel hd5000. However, your config plist should be compatible I suppose as hd4200 and hd5000 use same platform id. Is there anything else I am missing out here. Please advice. Thank you.

Ok that confirms my case. One small thing Jake, tinkering with my bios yesterday, I noticed something weird. Of I set my bios to uefi boot only and disable legacy, Mac does not boot properly. I'm a bit surprised because all over I have done installation on efi only. Is there any dependency of Mac to legacy bios?

• Moderators

UEFI + Legacy Option ROMS enable both to load.

Some older systems require both enabled to boot properly while newer systems has issue if Legacy Options ROMS is enabled.

Real Mac has no BIOS, so not a MAC dependency issue, more of a PC issue.