Kjescha

E6440 with Clover

Hi,

I'm trying to install HS with Clover on my E6440 in UEFI mode. I followed Jake Lo's installation guide and created a usb installer using the appropriate Sierra bootpack from the same thread. I also applied the changes for HS to config.plist.

I can boot from the installer, but clovers boot screen doesn't show any devices.

Any advice?

Did you format the USB installer MBR? I'd recommend that. You should then be able to see the "macOS Install from ..." disk partition in the Clover list once the bootloader has loaded.

You need HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI which is included in the Generic EFI from my guide

Note: Bootpack (EFI) consists of combining the Generic EFI + the model you're downloading!!!

Instruction:

1. Download the Generic EFI folder.
  2. Download model below and add the contents into the Generic /EFI/Clover  folder

Yes, either HFSPlus.efi or remove the entry VBoxHfs from disable drivers section in config.plist.

@Harve: Why do you prefer MBR over GUID?

Let's say that I've had issues booting HighSierra USB installer set with GUID scheme, not when they were set with MBR scheme.

Oh, ok.

Finally, I have installed HS on my E6440 after Jake Lo's hint about the generic bootpack. I guess I mixed up the meaning of "Sierra bootpack only" on step 2 when I created the usb installer.

Thanks for your help guys