HD5450 PCI Card not working at Optiplex-780

osxosx

• Administrators

First of all, check whether it's seen in IOReg with IORegistryExplorer.

If it is, it should normally just be a matter of injecting the correct device id in the accelerator kext AMDRadeonX3000 kext ff it's missing there and calling on the correct ATI/AMD frame buffer (should be one of the AMD5000Controller family). Can all be done through Clover Configurator if you run Clover. You'll need to set "Inject ATI" of course.

AMD5000_FB.png

• Administrators

Your IOReg screenshot shows exactly what you had to look for; so the card is seen and that's good news.

You said you tried all the framebuffer settings but what about the card id in the accelerator kext? Was it already there? It not, did you add it?

The thing is your DSDT contains what appears to be a valid patch for an HD5450 card and the patch fakes dev id 1002:68E0, i.e is the default one supported by the accelerator kext as shown below (extract of 10.13's X3000 accelerator kext):

<key>AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator</key>
<dict>
        <key>ATIEnableWideBlitSupport</key>
        <true/>
        <key>ATIUseTearingWideBlit</key>
        <false/>
        <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
        <string>com.apple.kext.AMDRadeonX3000</string>
        <key>GpuDebugPolicy</key>
        <integer>0</integer>
        <key>IOClass</key>
        <string>AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator</string>
        <key>IODVDBundleName</key>
        <string>AMDRadeonVADriver</string>
        <key>IOKitDebug</key>
        <integer>0</integer>
        <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
        <string>IOAccelerator</string>
        <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
        <string>0x68E01002</string>
        <key>IOProbeScore</key>
        <integer>200</integer>
        <key>IOProviderClass</key>
        <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
        <key>IOSourceVersion</key>
        <string>0.0.0.0.0</string>
        <key>IOVARendererID</key>
        <integer>16908288</integer>
</dict>

`

However, the DSDT patch is inserted in device PCI0.PEG0.GFX0. This can only work if it matches your IOReg device and I've got a feeling it does not...

Save the output of IORegistryExplorer, zip it and attach it here so that we can check things out and adjust the DSDT patch if necessary. By the way, which version of OS X/macOS are you running?

Oh ... I do not know how to do it ...

Card-ID= Vendor / Device-ID?

The only thing i can imagine is to put a maching string to this section:

<string>IOAccelerator</string>
                        <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
                        <string>0x67381002 0x67391002 0x67201002 0x67221002</string>

But I do not know how to get the correct string ...

From DPCI-Manager i got:

1002, 68F9, 1787, 2291, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI], Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series]

1002, AA68, 1787, AA68, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI], Cedar HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5400/6300 Series]

So maybe a string could be 0xaa681002 or 0x68f91002  ???

Can You please give me some advice?

• Administrators

I don't think you read anything past my initial questions on X3000 accelerator kext in my previous answer.

[...]

Save the output of IORegistryExplorer, zip it and attach it here so that we can check things out and adjust the DSDT patch if necessary. By the way, which version of OS X/macOS are you running?

• Administrators

Try this DSDT.

DSDT.aml.zip

Basically, I've moved the GFX0 device that was injected/declared under PCI0.PEG0 (i.e. a PCIe slot) to PCI0.CPI4, i.e. the PCI slot under which the card registers in IOReg.

Let me know how it goes. Try the different AMD5000Controller FBs as/if required. Don't hesitate to post a zipped/compressed copy of your EFI Clover folder too so that we can check the Clover config too.