HD5450 PCI Card not working at Optiplex-780

osxosx

Yes and No:

Yes, because of this I wrote here, hoped to get help finding the correct settings.

No, thats the wrong stuff! The stuff You mentioned works perfectly für the PCI-Express card, which I am using, too.

But NOT for the PCI card which this Topic is about!

• Administrators

you can try amdframebuffer utility you have to download the source code.

the compiled app is inside the folder.

if your using clover you can dump your video rom as you will need it to use that app.

press the F1 key for information on what F key dumps the video rom. it will be located in clove misc folder with a bin extension.

amdframebuffer utility app should show what FB to try and allow you to change connectors I think it auto detect your ports configuration for you.

the second screen shot is the patch info that you can use to add to clover. also DPCIManager app might give you a clue to what  kexts to look at to spoof one of the device id's that closest match yours and you can also use to fake the device with the id in clover device/fakeid section click on the magnifying glass next to your graphics device on the left to see what kexts it suggests not all suggestions are apple kexts so don't look for those some are third party suggestions.

im also having no acceleration issue on a Dell Precision T7500 workstation on high Sierra but I also tried Sierra and maverick . In my case my machine is bios only and I have clover installed as legacy. clover is not injecting anything I put in config regarding device injection or graphics injection. I had to manually add my device id's to amdlegacysupport.kext and amd5000controller.kext but the FB above is not loading but I do get resolution options and it now shows 1gb gram instead of the 8mb it was showing before manually editing the kexts plist with my id's

if you have uefi bios maybe the stuff I posted might work for you in clover. if your on bios I welcome you as I have room for 1 more on my boat :) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2533052

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 5.21.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 5.21.59 PM.png