AppleHDA for Dell M4800/M6800

vanquybn

Hi, After applying the changes and a reboot there was no difference. However, after a shutdown, the audio appears to be okay. 

I knew in the past there where specific options in Clover to reset HDA after sleep but I don't know if they will help.

P.S. what is the difference between putting kexts in Clover / Kexts / Other and Library / Extensions?

• Administrators

In the 1st case, kexts are injected at boot time but sometimes won't load properly, in the 2nd, they're cached so it's quicker to load and loading is guaranteed. In a nutshell, it's much better to cache kexts than inject them. Injection can of course be used for testing, upon which I would recommend to cache kexts.

• Moderators
...I knew in the past there where specific options in Clover to reset HDA after sleep but I don't know if they will help.

Add CodecCommander to /Library/Extensions if you haven't already.

That should reset it on wake. Don't forget to repair permission and rebuild cache again.

• Like 1

It was already there. I think it has to do with loading windows reboot osx then no audio. If I do a real shutdown before starting OSX from windows the audio is initialized correctly and I hear audio from the speakers as it should. I will keep you informed if this is really the case. But for now, I think it is.

This looks like the perfect thread for me to ask questions because I have the EXACT same Dell M6800 except, my sound works absolutely flawlessly as well as my stock bluetooth (I'll let you know the model of it if needed) and it even connects to my Apple Homepod... I'm in shock because I wasn't trying to even accomplish that. Anyway, my trackpad is and being able to control the brightness are my flaws.... Any suggestions guys? If you need anything... Let me know!

On second thought, I kinda sorta sole Hannibal1969 Clover zip, backed mine up, applied his, and now my machine is 90% PERFECT!!

What's not working... Multi-finger gestures [beggars can't be choosers], The Internal Microphone [Can't Talk to Siri LOL], and I cannot adjust my brightness [My eyes are BURNING, but Night Shift helps!]

I use the VoodooHDA.kext to get my sound working... Works like a charm as I stated above. I have been out of the Hackingtosh/Mac community for a while so I cannot exactly tell you how to achieve this without doing a fresh installation, but if you're willing to get it done... back up your clover and we can make it happen buddy! [@Hannibal1969]