Lenovo X260 - Boot MBR Legacy Bios - High Sierra problem

TheOpSys

So, I'm in the following situation: a few days ago I got a X260 (i3 6100U) which have SPV lock on BIOS, meaning that I can only boot from internal SDD and I can only make some specific changes on it.

Ok, the thing is that almost all the settings in BIOS are compatible with macOS, except the fact that the Bios is in Legacy mode, which doesn't allow me to boot from a GPT partitioned SDD. If the SDD is MBR partitioned (two partitions, one FAT32 for Clover and the other one HFS+J), I can reach the High Sierra Installer with no problems, but I can't install it on the HFS+J partition(due to MBR).

Do you guys have any suggestions on this one?

Thanks

• Administrators

We can't do much for a system that has a locked BIOS. You'll have to unlock it somehow... The only other alternative is using you internal disk on another machine, then tune the installation to your own system's specs. It'll be painful.

• Like 1

Thanks @Hervé for your suggestions, I finally managed to install 10.13 on it, with MBR patch method by @crazybirdy.

QE/CI is working on Intel HD520 with injected ID, Lilu, IntelGraphicsFixup and RehabMan's Clover DVMT patch, LAN is working, Audio is working with VoodooHDA (but every time I restart the laptop, the output device switches to Line Out, instead of staying on Speakers), Brightness is working, but still no Wake from Sleep and no Wi-Fi (the device had an Intel M.2 NGFF adapter and seem's that Broadcom's alternative for this kind of slot/dimension is pretty expensive and/or hard to find), I thing I'm going to get a dongle and sacrifice a USB slot for Wi-Fi.