[HELP] 7710 Post Install Issue

tom032792

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Just revisited your kextcache log and noticed this. Did you replace the AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E? 

You will have to restore the vanilla AppleHDA.kext to /S/L/E, repair permission and rebuild cache. 

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f8560e0d8d0 [0x7fff98e80570]> { URL = "AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver" }

See if that fixes the audio after restoring the vanilla AppleHDA.

Otherwise, we'll try patching your DSDT/SSDT

Boot to Clover GUI, hit F4, continue to OSX

Compress and attach /E/C/ACPI/Origin folder here, I'll patch the files for you

What version of BIOS are you on?

I moved over an AppleHDA that was fresh from a 10.13 VM and that fixed the issue. I have audio now.  :-P

Thank you so much for your help.

Should I start a new thread for getting backlight control working, or keep that in here? I downloaded/set up the Karabiner-Elements app that you linked in another thread, but it doesn't work. I haven't applied any Kexts for it as I read that they were broken by an update 

• Moderators

Replace Config file, place SSDT*.aml inside /E/C/ACPI/Patched

Copy AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /L/E

Repair permission and rebuild cache

This should fix the brightness control issue

By the way what layout-id did you use for audio? 11 or 18. If 11, have you try 18 to see if it works with the new AppleALC

tom032792_brightness.zip

So I rebooted with layout-id 18 and everything is still working, and maybe I'm just imagining it, but the speaker seems a little clearer/less distortion present, so I'm going to stick with 18.

I put in those files you linked, and tried it with and without the Karibeaner app, but still no brightness control