Dell Latitude 3450 sorting out sleep/wake & audio issues

pblwzrd

Hi,

After letting my system do the security updates I lost sound. I looked into the system info and noticed that my sound card doesn't show up under Audio. I tried a fresh AppleHDA.kext file in s/l/e and a AppleHDA_Alc255.kext in l/e as well as a fresh codecommander.kext in l/e. All the files were the same versions as the ones replaced. I repaired permissions and rebooted but still had the same problem. I did hunt down the preferences folders and deleted any preferences relating to sound. Repaired permissions and rebooted but same thing. I took a photo of what I could see as the only new errors I was noticing on boot. I've included a screenshot below. The other issues was having before the security update was the system would reboot from sleep more times than not and I couldn't get any usb or bluetooth devices to wake up the system at all. If I was running time machine when it went to sleep It would always reboot. The only thing that would try to wake it up would be raising the lid. I've gone ahead and turned off any wake settings as well as blocked S3 sleep state in my bios and turned sleep to never in the energy saver settings.

My Io.reg file is in the EFI zip fie because i'm not able to upload it directly.

Thanks for this site and all of the help! I'd be dead in the water without it!

My specs

Dell Latitude 3450

Bios A13

Core I5 processor

8gb RAM

256 gb Samsung SSD

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Idiot user and wannabe hacker ;]

post-111890-0-42499000-1510895265_thumb.jpgEFI.zip

• Moderators

In your DSDT, you have HDEF layout-id set to 1, but in your Config file, you have it set to 3. 

IOReg also shows layout-id = 1. Looking AppleHDA_ALC255.kext, you need to set it to 3.

So change it to 3 in your DSDT or remove it, should fix the audio. 

saved post on here but it didn't show anything when posted. weird. Anyways, I fixed the audio by editing the DSDT and gained hdmi audio in the process. Just started working through the ACPI errors on bootup. I'll report back with results.

Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it!

Ok. Take two. Had a post all ready to go and hit on more options to include the usual files and it magically disappeared. Oh well. Anyways, I'm still having sleep/wake issues. I did turn everything sleep or hiberated related off in the BIOS. I also turned everything to 0 in pmset. I've attached a picture showing that. I had read on Rehabman's website to change the EHC1 & EHC2  to EH01 AND EH02. He said that it disabled the port injectors. I was under the assumption that clover automatically renamed those values but apparently that wasn't the case. I used MaciASL and changed those values to what he suggested. I also  had a thought of going ahead and doing a search based on the patches listed in the DSDT section of Clover and manually changing them if I found any. If I remember correctly I only had to change the values of EHC1, EHC2 and LPC. When I rebooted it seemed to start up quicker so I was hopeful that my sleep/wake issues would be resolved as well. Sadly they weren't. I haven't been able to get USB wake to work at all so to wake it up I by lifting the lid and entering the password using the laptop keyboard. I am using an external monitor and keep the lid closed. Well this past time I saw the login screen but then it rebooted. In the past it would pretend to be coming out of sleep but I would see the Dell logo which told me it had rebooted. I did look through the SSDT files and didn't see anything relating to EHC1 or EHC2. I was also having an issue with bluetooth quitting unexpectedly. The debug mode didn't work and the only fix was to reboot. I'm assuming that modifying the DSDT fixed the bluetooth issue because it hasn't kicked out yet. If it turns out that sleep doesn't work i'm ok with that. I was just trying to get as close to the macintosh experience as possible. 

This website has been a big help. Thanks!

post-111890-0-70627300-1511987329_thumb.jpg

debug_30422.zip

Douglass-Latitude3450Air:~ DouglasBollinger$ log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

2017-11-16 12:26:35.123056-0500  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: LID0

2017-11-16 12:26:35.123058-0500  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: LID0

2017-11-18 18:56:40.277091-0500  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: LID0 XHC

2017-11-18 18:56:40.277092-0500  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: LID0 XHC

Hi. I did the above and it kept it from waking up when I raised the lid but when I hit the power button to wake it up it crashed and rebooted. I just decided to turn everything sleep related off and never put it to sleep. I Also turned off the screensaver but that wasn't due to any issue I was having. Usually what I do now is i'll just boot it up use it and if i'm not downloading anything i'll just turn it off when I'm done with it for the day. I was trying to make it as much of a macintosh as I could but I realized if I didn't quit trying to perfect it I would get mad and just go back to windows (No thx). 

The only other thing that I'm still having trouble with is my bluetooth keyboard will just stop working and it usually takes a reboot of the computer to bring it back. It stopped working this one time and I got distracted by something else and walked away from it for a bit. I don't know exactly how long it was (maybe an hour or two) but when I tried to login at the screensaver the keyboard started working again. I've tried two different types of bluetooth keyboards and it does the same thing with both. I'm pretty sure something is crashing because it's done it to me mid-word when I was typing. I did try terminating and restarting blued but that didn't help anything. I have no problems if I plug in a USB keyboard.