Dell Latitude 3450 sorting out sleep/wake & audio issues

pblwzrd

Missing IOREG from the dump. Please do not touch your machine while the debug report is being generated. You have USB Power properties (verified from ACPI tables).

The only thing missing is proper USB injection. You need to install USBInjectAll.kext and then repost the debug report here (with IOREG)

Note: Please do not use "gen_debug -sysprofile" until you are asked to do so. If you do so, you are increasing the size of the dump unnecessarily. Also, if possible, refrain from dumping system profile in txt format as it is a pain to read or review it.

Regards

I installed the USBInjectAll.kext repaired permissions and rebooted.

I was getting IOREG Dump errors when I tried to run the gen_debug program. It had been doing this since I first ran it. That's why the IOREG file was missing. I tried reinstalling gen_debug but it didn't fix the issue. I watched what it was doing and it seemed to be getting hung up just after I saw "File" get highlighted for an instant when the window switched to the IORegistryExporer app. I looked at gen_debug with Xcode and looked for where it was calling for the app to load. I saw where it was trying to execute save commands and saw what I thought was an error. On line 78 it makes reference to keystroke "g" while using the shift and command keys. I looked through the menus on IORegistryExplorer and didn't see anything referencing the "g" while using the shift and command keys. I assumed it was a typo and changed it from a "g" to an "s". After I copied the modfied version of gen_debug to /usr/bin I repaired permissions and rebooted.  It still shows IOREG Dump failed errors in terminal but having the IORegistryExplorer app window open seemed to help it continue and finish the script after it said IOREG Dump failed error for a second time.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I appreciate it.

<script> </script>

debug_15369.zip

Re: EDIT, you did it wrong. Cmd + Shift + G is used to go to a certain location in Finder. Script uses it so that you IOREG is saved in your dump directory.

I guess your's is a system with an HDD. PM me for a personal debug session. I have tested on the slowest machine I can find and still, it seemed to work.

Meanwhile, I am writing a new method for IOREG dump for slow machines. gen_debug will be updated by today's evening (IST).

Re: USB issue, I suggest you to disable EHCI and use only XHCI. Then, you can test which ports are needed using IOREG and then inject only those ports using a custom SSDT. Google for a guide on creating a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.

To disable EHCI use the attached SSDT.

Regards

SSDT-DEHC.zip

I installed the USBInjectAll.kext repaired permissions and rebooted.

I was getting IOREG Dump errors when I tried to run the gen_debug program. It had been doing this since I first ran it. That's why the IOREG file was missing. 

As promised, here's the update.

Update 2.7 - 13 Dec 2017:

• New method for IOREG dump on slow machines.
  • Include gen_debug version in dump
  • If a new version is available on the remote, update automatically.

I guess you are running version 2.1+ so you can update easily using: gen_debug -u

Please test and report.