How to revert SSD back to HFS+ from APFS

spidey123

Hi guys, well after numerous weeks of testing High Sierra with APFS, I've decided I want to go back and test it using HFS instead.  Unfortunately the OS has started to crash again and graphic glitches continue to show up.  I don't want to go back to Sierra though but I would like to experiment with HS using HFS+ instead to see if the issues will stop.  From what I have been reading it should.  Problem is I can't get the my Time Machine back up to reinstall in HFS.  I also can't get those extra Clover Preboot entries options to show up anymore during bootup.  I believe that has something to do with reinstalling the OS back to HFS+.

Does anyone know how I can get my Time Machine Backup to install as HFS instead of APFS?

Ok finally getting a chance to Clone my SSD to an external drive so that I can then restore it and be on HS with HFS+ instead of APFS.  But how I get CC Cloner to make a copy of the EFI Drive?  Is it even possible?  Or is the EFI cloned automatically since its part of the MAC OS PARTITION?

Ok thanks Jake Lo.  I did it.  I actually got the EFI to clone over as well.  I just mounted the EFI partition on my SSD and copied it to the other HDD's EFI and it worked :)   

Graphic Issues still exist.  Battery status works again though.  Have a lot ofwork from my job to catch up on this weekend.  So, I'm going to be testing it hard.  Hopefully no more crashing.  Also, I notice that everything is a tad zippier now.  I know APFS is suppose to make things faster for SSD's but I noticed a snappier system with HFS+    

Tommorow I will try to see if I can fix the graphics issues by increasing VRAM up to 1028.  On APFS this made the computer crash even more.  I'll post my results for others.  Thanks Jake Lo.