Amandine

Dual GPU possibly working on the second graphic card ???

Hello experts,

during the install of yosemite on my notebook MSI GE603, the notebook was displaying this window:

post-113756-0-47743200-1511463203_thumb.jpg

I have finally decided to install first the drivers for the integrated Intel HD Graphics, and it works well like that.

But I have also installed successfully the drivers for the Nvidia GeForce GT 425M.

Could it be possible to have my MSI GE603 working with this Nvidia GeForce GT 425M instead of the integrated Intel HD Graphics. Because the Nvidia GeForce GT 425M is supposed to be really more efficient ?

When I choose to activate this Nvidia GeForce GT 425M card only from the bios the verbose stucks almost immediately on : « No HPETs available … CPU(s) configured incorrectly »

Some discussions viewed on forums suggest me that it’s impossible to make the Nvidia GeForce GT 425M working on the MSI GE603 even if the driver is well installed. Does anyone have an idea about this ???

Thanks for your help.

This is the kind of things I've seen

"The purpose of this guide is to show you how to disable the discrete graphics device with DSDT/SSDT edits in "switched" dual-GPU laptops (eg. Intel+Nvidia[Optimus] and Intel+Radeon).

Because only the Intel device can be used in these laptops, the discrete device is generally left active and using power, contributing to heat, noise, and battery usage."

But I don't know if my notebook is concerned...