Optiplex 9020: help required for ALC280 audio

sinn3r1

Hey Guys, any chance you can point me in the right direction to get audio working on the 9020 i5

I've tried kext supplied in Jake Lo's boot pack and added them to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE but no luck.

I've tried other various tools and kexts but no luck.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Mark

• Moderators

Not sure which bootpack you're referring to, but the audio kexts must be installed to /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions on El Capitan.

Make sure to repair permission and rebuild cache. 

I was using your 9020 bootpack, and used your "Dell Latitude/Inspiron El Capitan Clover Guide" same as the op.

not sure what i did wrong but i removed all traces of audio kexts, copied your ALC280 kext to S/L/E, repaired permissions and rebuilt cache and it worked

i supposed doing this in normal daylight hours helps.. normally i only find time in at early am so i tend to miss a few steps.

thanks once again

sooooo after a few hours of the audio working i broke my apple keyboard while trying to clean it with a damp cloth (not sure how), while i was trying to fix the keyboard, i noticed audio had gone again.

trying to do it all over again with no luck.

removed kext from /S/L/E

copied kext to /S/L/E

repair permissions rebuild cache using kext wizard (didnt work)

repeat process and manually repair permissions and rebuild cache (didn't work)

repeat process and repaired permissions and rebuild cache using easy kext utility (didnt work)

not sure what im doing wrong here.

very frustrating!

• Moderators

Make sure you have the Vanilla AppleHDA in /S/L/E as well. When you run the the repair, did you get a successful output?

You might need to add CodecCommander or EAPDfix when you lose audio after sleep. That's what I'm assuming you're encountering.

ps. i just realised you dont have a bootpack for 9020 el capitan. i was using the yosemite bootpack to get the 

its worked for a good few hours..

do you think this is the reason why audio kext is not working?