Optiplex 9020: help required for ALC280 audio

sinn3r1

Ah, fine. Maybe a setting in the AppleALC kext...?

As a sidenote, I was able to ditch completely the DSDT and inject the layout-id 13 in the Clover config.plist (also checked "FixHDA" and AddDGTP"). I also removed "HaltEnabler", "DropOEM", "FixRegions" and "Drop DMAR". It made no change to the KP at sleep/wake with High Sierra unfortunately (obviously, "FixHeaders" is checked)...

The settings "HaltEnabler", "DropOEM", "FixRegions" and "Drop DMAR" were needed for Mavericks or Yosemite I would guess Jack?

Thanks,

Patrice

Looking at AppleALC.kext, there's two layouts for ALC280 (it was made for Dell PowerEdge T20 BTW by a fellow named MacPeet): 13, identified as "manual mode" and 15, identified as "switch mode". Maybe the second one removes the need to manually switching the jacks in Audio Preferences? I'll give it a try when I'll have some spare time.

There's also 68 byte Config Data in the info.plist so maybe there is a link with the volume discrepancy between front and rear??? This is where my knowledge ends unfortunately...

Well, layout-ID 15 indeed switches automatically when you insert a cable in front or on rear. For the lower volume on the rear, I've posted a support request on the AppleALC InsanelyMac support forum. Maybe it is embedded in the chip...

EDIT: Sound is lower too on the rear under Windows 10. However, maximum sound is louder in Win 10 so headphone outs at max is dangerous but rear output is fine (but louder than OSX).