Guidance needed for Gigabyte P35w v2

demahum

@Zackptg5, I have followed your guide for Gigabyte P35g v2 posted here.

I have a p35w v2 I guess 99% of it is the same my graphic card is just 870M I'm trying to understand what you wrote but I have never done this before, could you please help me?

What I have done?
-In bios, disable secure boot, delete secure boot keys

-Format hard drive as GPT/GUID

I dont understand the next steps you are saying I have to make the clover setup using the command CAP ?

I dont also understand what it means :

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Cap --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --no interaction

I undrestand what this menas

In Boot: Check "kext-dev-mode=1" and "nv_disable=1"

Please if someone can help me contact me on facebook or over mail
facebook.com/Muhamedxxl
[email protected]

I would even but the other wifi addapter but I would like firstly to know how to do this all.

Best regards,
Muhamed

My laptop have the same graphic 4600HD but it got 870M with 6GB and have the same procesor i7 4710HQ

I saw that someone made a script to make the notification LEDs work and so on that's nice, I hope someone could help me I'm struggeling with this seriously.

• Administrators

[...]

I dont understand the next steps you are saying I have to make the clover setup using the command CAP ?

I dont also understand what it means :

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Cap --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --no interaction

[...]

The "sudo ..." line is a Terminal command you type to create your USB installer. By "Cap", he meant the name of the formatted USB key used to create the installer. In your case, you need to replace "Cap" by the name you'll have given to your key.

For instance, say you use a 16GB key formatted with the name "16GB_USB", your Terminal line command will be:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/16GB_USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --no interaction

The command assumes you have OS X El Capitan's downloaded installation package in the "Applications" folder, which is its default location on download. The command is basically split as follows:

• sudo -> invokes superuser rights
  • /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia -> the program inside the downloaded package that creates an installation media
  • --volume /Volumes/ -> the target installation media you want to use, by its formatted name
  • --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app -> the location of the source installation package
  • --no interaction -> as its name implies, no interaction with the user during media creation

You can read all about this Apple installation media creation command here.

Hm but can I just download it from someone who alredy did this on youtube there are some providing the IMG or DMG file alredy and I just flash it to my USB.

Could you tell me more about the other things comming after that?

Is this when I'm booing the clover installation ?

Then use following options for installing clover to usb drive:

• Install for UEFI Booting only
  • install clover in the esp
  • Drivers64Uefi->OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Install RC scripts on target volume

This part above is when I boot the "USB" with my laptop?

Or it's not :/ because then he changes something in clover :(((

I see he also changed the config.plist

I'll seriously need help with this :( I'm sorry asking so much about this but i'm completly new to this i tryed this for 3 days trying to just install it the basic way but its not booting up I guess I have to do it the way he did it, but could you please add me on skype or so?

• Administrators

Hm but can I just download it from someone who alredy did this on youtube there are some providing the IMG or DMG file alredy and I just flash it to my USB.

No, we don't do that here.

You can read the various guides posted in our Guides section and learn how to create the USB installer. It's not that difficult. 

• Like 1

My problem is that I dont understand much of the parts that come after that, so I have to make a virtual machine and make that then I have to edit clover and then before the boot I have to add some boot options etc, seriously that's quit complicated I dont think I will make it if someone dosent help me step by step.

Is it possible for someone to do it and upload it to the cloud? 

I don't know what are you doing on this forum but I'm really trying to understand it but it's just much for a completly beginner, You can send me please the guide of the USB installation, but it would be also nice if someone could just help me more by explaining all the other parts 

Then use following options for installing clover to usb drive:(QUESTION: After making the USB OR BEFORE? I GUESS I HAVE TO READ THE GUIDE)!

• Install for UEFI Booting only
  • Drivers64Uefi->OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Install RC scripts on target volume

After making clover usb drive, open usb drive with Clover Configurator app and change the following:(QUESTION: IS THAT A ANOTHER USB OR EVERYTHING GOES TOGETHER?)

• In ACPI: Uncheck "FixAirport" (QUESTION: DO I UNCHECK IT WHILE MAKING THE USB?)
  • In Boot: Check "kext-dev-mode=1" and "nv_disable=1"
  • In Install Drivers: delete VBoxHFS, install HFSPlus UEFI

Then add ApplePS2SmartTouchpad, FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement, and RealtekRTL8111 to 10.11 kexts in usb drive EFI partition (SERIOUSLY HAVE NOT REALLY A GOOD IDEA WHAT I HAVE TO DO)

Then boot from it and install normally (I HAVE PUT MY PC INTO UEFI AND HAVE DISABLED SECURE BOOT)

Post Installation:
Bootloader: Clover
Clover Install Options:(QUESTION IS THIS NOW AFTER BOOTING THE MAC OS INSTALLATION?)

• Install for UEFI booting only
  • Drivers64UEFI->OsxAptioFixDrv-64
  • Install all RC scripts on target volume
  • Optional RC Scripts

Clover Config/smbios:(DO I HAVE TO PUT THIS INTO THE USB? I TOUGHT IM ALREADY IN THE BOOT SECTION AND INSTALLING THE SISTEM)

• See attached config.plist, too much to list zip.gif  config.plist.zip   1.72KB   25 downloads

Kexts (All kexts installed to S/L/E) (I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT PART THIS NOW IS)

• latest fakesmc, plugins (except LPCSensors), and hardware monitor
  • In fakesmc info.plist -> change "smc-name" to "smc-huronriver"
  • and change the values in keys: "REV", "RVBF", and "RVUF" to:
  • "<02060F00 0059>" for mbp 11,2 smbios
  • Add key "ACID" as shown in attached picture post-12954-0-76737600-1433710607.png
  • ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext for mouse, trackpad, and keyboard
  • In Content->Plugins->ApplePS2Keyboard Info.plist, set fn mode to "3" and Layout to "GIGABYTE"
  • RealtekRTL8111
  • Rehab man's ACPIBacklight.kext
  • Rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • Bluetooth Firmware Uploader
  • Custom aDummyHDA zip.gif  aDummyHDA.kext.zip   9.99KB   6 downloads NOT SURE WHERE TO PUT IT
  • CodecCommander
  • FakePCIID
  • FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio
  • FakePCIID_XHCIMux

Sound (I GUESS IF I MAKE IT UNTIL HERE ILL CONFIGURE IT OUT SOMEHOW)
Install DummyHDA

1) Go to Audio Midi Setup in Utilities and create a new multi-output device
2) Check both speakers
3) Make sure both speakers under the multi-output device have the same sample rate (I'm using 48000hz)

4) Install SoundSiphon, in its preferences, make the multi-output device the pass through device

5) Make SoundSiphon default output device - now you have volume control over multi-output device

Note: Whenever headphones are plugged in, you will need to manually select it as the output device

DSDT/SSDT Patches 
Note: All SSDTs and DSDT go into EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched

Note2: Make sure you install the patches in the order listed

Extract DSDT/SSDT (taken from Rehabman's guide)

Copy dsdt and all ssdts from linux (located in /sys/firmware/acpi/tables) - ignore the tables in the "dynamic" folder

In osx, download aisle here: https://bitbucket.or...cpica/downloads

In OS X Terminal:

cd "to directory where you placed all SSDT/DSDT"
iasl -da -dl *.aml

**From this point on, we're only working with the .dsl files

Repositories to add to MaciASL:

SSDT:

Generate ssdt with PikeRAlpha's Script - name it SSDT.aml

Patch all linux ssdts with:

into_all all code_regex _T_([0-6]) replaceall_matched begin T_%1 end;

Patch ssdt3 with:

• Rehabman Laptop: Remove _PSS Placeholders

Patch ssdt6 with:

• Rehabman Laptop: Brightness Fix (Haswell), Haswell HD4600 Yosemite, Rename B0D3 to HDAU, Rename GFX0 to IGPU

Patch ssdt7 with:

• Rehabman Laptop: Rename GFX0 to IGPU, Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT), Disable from _INI (SSDT) *Uncomment the External line from the INI patch*
  • Delete the line: \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.TDRF (One) from Method SGOF

Patch ssdt8 with:
  • Rehabman Laptop: Rename GFX0 to IGPU

DSDT (Note: The order for the patches below is important):
1) Rehabman Laptop: Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error
2) Rehabman Laptop: Remove _DSM Methods
3) Custom Battery Patch txt.gif  Gigabyte P35w v2 Battery Patch.txt   2.29KB   20 downloads
4) Custom Screen Brightness Patch txt.gif  Screen Brightness Keys Patch.txt   184bytes   37 downloads
5) Rehabman Laptop: Add IMEI
6) Toleda Realtek ALC: Enable Audio ID: 3
7) Toleda Airport: BRCM94352 - Note: In the patch, change RP05 to whatever your device is under (check in ioreg)
8) PJALM Graphics: Intel Haswell MEI
9) Rehabman Laptop: Rename B0D3 to HDAU
10) Rehabman Laptop: Rename GFX0 to IGPU
11) Rehabman Laptop: IRQ fix
12) Rehabman Laptop: Usb_prw_0x0d_xhc
13) PJALM Gigabyte: Generic Series 8
14) Rehabman Laptop: OS Check (Windows 8)
15) Rehabman Laptop: RTC Fix 
16) Custom Disable from _Reg (DSDT) Patch txt.gif  Disable from _REG (DSDT) Mod.txt   506bytes   13 downloads
17) PJALM General: USB - Device Renames for OSX 11.11
18) Search for method XWAK and add Return(0) underneath it

Important Notes:
  • There is an issue with the sound card in that at first boot and after sleep, sound will not play out of the front speakers or subwoofer. This is remedied by adjusting the volume with the fn keys. The same issue is present in ubuntu but no fix has been presented as of yet. The more people who add themselves to effected will increase the odds of a fix. See bug report here: https://bugs.launchp...er/ bug/1366241
  • Due to nvidia optimus not being supported in OS X, the nvidia card had to be disabled. This could be done in the bios but that would be a hassle when switching to windows so instead it was disabled in the dsdt and corresponding ssdts (see Rehabman's guide for details). This is why the nv_disable=1 flag is needed with the clover installer but not with the actual install once everything is done.
  • This specific intel hd graphics is not supported in OS X and so a combination of clover fake id, Rehabman's fakepciid kexts, and some AppleIntelFramebufferAzul patches had to be used to remedy this
  • 5ghz wifi and bluetooth handoff have been enabled with various clover kext patches
  • Sound was enabled with AppleHDA clover patches and the use of DummyHDA
  • For TRIM support, go into terminal and type: sudo trim force enable

Thank you, but still so many things that have to be done and changed, Okay I'll try to make this work tonight, so after that I have to 

After making clover usb drive, open usb drive with Clover Configurator app and change the following:

• In ACPI: Uncheck "FixAirport"
  • In Boot: Check "kext-dev-mode=1" and "nv_disable=1"
  • In Install Drivers: delete VBoxHFS, install HFSPlus UEFI

Clover configuration app?