High Sierra in Dell Latitude E6230 with Clover... everything works but 3 things :(

rwar

Hello all :),

I followed this enoch version of the E6230 guide for Sierra installation...

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8883-dell-latitude-e6230-with-i5-3340m-hd4000-and-1366x768-lcd-mavericksyosemiteel-capitansierra/

I skipped using the FakePCIID_XHCIMux (no USB 3.0 devices to test with), the CapriFB (I get mirrored desktop over HDMI, going to test the rest later), but the 3 things that bug me are:

Laptop boots up and goes immediately to sleep (spending 1 minute to do so). I can wake it up fine and use it. It can be avoided sometimes by moving the trackpad before entering the video graphics mode.

Upon wake, the webcam doesn't work

EAPDFix.kext+CodecCommander.kext doesn't solve the headphone issue (no sound on headphone)

I skipped using the patched AppleHDA.kext, but I used Clover on-the-fly binary patching (supposedly will support the next version of AppleHDA when it comes). I used AppleHDA_IDT92HD93.kext as per the instructions.

I also used the FixHeaders option in Clover to avoid the initial kernel panic ;)

Does anyone have the E6230 working 100% with High Sierra?

• Administrators

My E6230 works 100% under HighSierra. I run it under Enoch but installed and update through a Clover USB key. I will post my EFI folder in a couple of days if you want (currently on business travel). I've not experienced any of those issues you've listed but if you skip some parts of the guides, not everything will work, obviously...

Do you have the same webcam as listed in my guide (same vendor + device id)?

Thanks for the suggestions. I already reinstalled FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux, but the webcam still disappears on sleep.
Do I need the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? I only see the patched 10.12.6 version and I would like to install a 10.13.1 kext.
(here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9320-vanilla-and-patched-sierra-kernels-patched-aicpupm-kexts/)

I will test EAPDFix or CodecCommander when I get back home (don't have earphones here) ;)

I have attached my EFI folder (Clover config.plist, DSDT, SSDT, and injected kexts inside)

My Library/Extensions includes:

FakePCIID.kext

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

FixEAPD.kext

AppleHDA_IDT92HD93.kext

DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext

USBInjectAll.kext

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Hmmm... I see I have DisableTurboBoostBattery, which is part from another guide.... I will take it out. Same with the MausiEthernet

• Administrators

I've looked at your attached EFI folder. I don't know where you built that from and I don't see what you could have followed from my E6230 Enoch guide and/or JakeLo's Clover guide...

Anyway, your Clover folder seems quite incorrect to me:

• I've looked at your DSDT file (the one called DSDT.aml, not the others) and the EHCx/XHC USB controllers look fine to me
  • In the Clover config:
    • In Kernel & Kexts patches, you've got KernelLAPIC + KernelPm activated, not AICPUPM patch. This is wrong to me. I don't know how you can boot your E6230 unless you use a patched AICPUPM kext of course (that's indicated in my guide). Remove KernelLAPIC + KernelPm that are not applicable to your Dell Ivy Bridge laptop and activate AICPUPM patch. You can also re-instate the vanilla AICPUPM kext in /S/L/E if you use a patched version
    • You use MBA5,2 and that's Ok but you may want to switch to MBP9,2.
  • In kexts folder, all you have is FakeSMC + VoodooPS2Controller. I'm pretty sure you'll have to use Rehabman's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_XHCIMux to get all your USB ports to work properly.
  • You'll also need to add various other kexts such as a battery manager kext and the IDT dummy kext to get stuff like battery + audio to work.

Can you clarify whether you run your E6230 with Clover or Enoch? If the former, use the EFI folder I posted above, if the latter, then you need to post your /Extra folder and list the set of add-on kexts you might have installed in /L/E (preferably) or /S/L/E (undesirable).

Hello, 

I have a fresh install of sierra, but wake and sleep do not work, when I close the lead 

also have err to disable hibernat. 

See attached pic. 

Sudo  pmset hibernatefile /dev/null

Does not work I am getting err for this command. 

Any ideas?