E6400 OSX Help

MidNightGalaxy

I have done all that after upgrading the cpu and changing the palm rest to a brand new one. I am going to try by tuning with fakeSMC, do you know a good setup for a t9550 with a 160M? or something identical to the models listed on your "Performance tuning with FakeSMC". It has to be the cpu since its always at x3 800 mhz.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey just figured something out. When i unplug my charger, my gpu core and memory drop from a constant 500 MHz and 399 MHz to a steady low 168 MHz & 100MHz . This is what is causing my heating issue while plugged in, it seems when i charge apple uses a completely different power management. I am using Fake SMC with AGPM injection. Also, if you could help me figure out how to drop the clocks from always being x3 759 (sometimes x10 2.53 GHz) (i am using MBP5,1 with SMC keys 1.33f8 and smc-mcp). I think to do this you have to do something with clover but am unsure. 

• Administrators

You've tuned your FakeSMC for MBP5,1, which is Ok and it's correctly done, yet you've configured Clover for MBP5,2. So, guess where the problem is...

NB: For Sierra and beyond, you'll have to switch to MBP7,1.

Hey, so i think i have everything dialed out. 

1. GPU isn't stuck at high on idle. It now bounces from 1something to 279 on light task and sometimes 580 when its a heavy task like your gpu throttled post said it should. (i used the FSMC method)

2. My CPU is on x3 759 on idle. Is this okay? 

3. I attached my Clover Config, FSMC and some screenshots. If you could take a quick look and see if i have to improve anything on those i would be grateful (:

thank you again.

E6400 160M.zip