xNick99

E5470: Install macOS Sierra or High Sierra

Hi! I have a dell latitude E5470, and saw that there was success in installing your system. I have installed the Sierra, but only the internet works. Could you send me the kexts and config.plist for me to install and replace the clover plist for the system to work? Please help me. Best regards.

Hi and merry christmas, three days ago my DW1830 arrived, i putted it into my computer and it works very well but if i put my computer to sleep closing the lid when i reopen it the internet speed is slow. How can i fix it?

First of, big thanks to all participating here, helping the less knowledgable getting their (black) hackbooks up and running!

As a long time T420 user, I´m going to give the E5470 a whirl too, as 10.14.x looks like the end of the line for SandyBridge.

I did prepare a USB bootstick as written in the HS guide and copied the generic EFI from r4910 plus the files from e5470_1.18.6_HS to the sticks EFI partition.

Is that the way to go, or would it be more promising to try the latest Clover release?

I have a spare DW1510 still kicking around. Can I try this mPCIe card with the 5470 or is the DW1510 too outdated to be recognised?

Waiting for the E5470 to be delivered by snail mail…

DW1510 remains fully supported in Mojave.

But it's a half-size mini-PCie card and the E5470 WLAN slot is NGFF/M.2... Pray that yours comes with the correct DW1820A...

Thanks Hervé, I did not know which interface is used for WLAN by a E5470.

The seller only states "WLAN included" no big surprise if it turns out to be an Intel brand.

Thanks comrades, for offering that great Dell support!

I can confirm that setting up Hackintosh with your EFI package is among the most hassle free installations ever.

My E5470 is running HiSie just perfect, installation is easy as eating cake. ;)

Of course, I have to swap the WLAN card. I´ll try with a cheap DW 1820A for now.

Some minor things to settle:

How do I enable the additional "mouse buttons" beneath the keyboard?

Will GPU performance benefit from another 8GB RAM brick in the free RAM slot?

Usually 8GB RAM will be enough for my simple tasks, but a 8GB brick won´t cost a fortune either.

Thank you so much, you made my day!

Edit: SD Card Reader and LAN are missing their kext either.

Is there a post install package available maybe?

Typing from my E5470 with a Ralink USB dongle atm.