Latitude E5540 can't get sleep to work properly

inokenshi

Hey guys, I've been trying to get sleep to work properly the last few days. Currently, when my laptop goes to sleep, it does so but then wakes up after a few seconds. The screen continues to stay off though until I press something on my keyboard.

I saw a similar post here and read the fix, which was to download a DSDT.aml file that was posted in the comments and to replace the one that the person was currently using in the /ACPI/patched folder.

I downloaded it myself and replaced my original DSDT.aml, rebooted, and the sleep actually worked, but for some reason my sound stopped working.

I put back my original DSDT.aml, rebooted, and the sound worked again.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

So I looked around some more and ended up finding a solution to the sleep problem in this forum https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/9927-sleep-e5540/

Took the DSDT you posted there and used it, sleep works perfectly. Thank you so much for that and for replying.

Another question though, why does the brightness get reset every time it wakes up? It goes back to full brightness and murders my eyes sometimes lol. Not a major problem but I guess slightly annoying.