High Sierra on Dell L502x

yudi.153

• Administrators

If your LCD is LoRes (1366x768), indeed you don't need to set DualLink to 1. But you did not initially state that and your very 1st Clover config showed a GUI set to 1920x1080 resolution, so...

Looking at your latest Clover config file, your graphics config remains incomplete (no layout-id) and you went for MBP8,1 instead of the recommended MBP8,3. Any particular reason why you don't configure your system as suggested, then keep coming back with questions?

What is that SSDT-0 table you've added to the ACPI/patched folder?

Why don't you generate the SSDT table necessary for power management of your CPU? You can Google for it you know...

I did set the layout id and smbios as suggested but it remains the same... and I have no idea what is ssdt-0 table , this was provided to me by you and Jake Lo in my previous post where I was mistakenly using a distro. But this time I was using the genuine software. and I completely set my system preferences as you suggested but got on the same path. Still the screen hangs after some time , and I have to force restart it...

I'M sorry but i am totally a newbie in this part of installation. Please suggest me what should I do to make my graphics work? and yes my screen is 1366x768

Did you found the solution for your problem? I have a XPS L502X working very well, just the SD Card reader, eSata and some troubles with de BL-DVD, it's disappearing after some time and reappear at restart and so on, I can't find the solution yet... but I'm working on...