Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Mariusz

Hey ChAntoine, long time no speak ...... How's things my friend ?

Like you, I also took a break from my D630 ------- And then spent another week at it hehehe........

OK, so the route I followed to get Lion to install was from a "How To" made for a Dell 1525 that I bought some months ago and is currently loaned to a friend.........

The guide is here ......... https://sites.google.com/site/nozyczek/home/hackintosh/how-to-install-lion-10-7-0-on-dell-inspiron-1525

The problem I had before was that no matter which boot disc or memory stick I used to install Lion from, the install either never even made it to the setup screen, OR, it made it past than then failed at about 30% into the install........

How I managed it was this..........

1. I had already an 8gb memory stick installed with Lion using unifail installer from tonycrapx86.com

2. I installed nozyczek Dell 1525 installer over the top of the unifail Install.

3. Booted from the memory stick and Lion installed for the first time.

4. I then followed the instructions that Mariusz posted but I put the 1440x900 DSDT in the EDP 2.2 Pack BEFORE I installed EDP.

My D630 is about 90% functional at the moment in Lion I would say....... Not as perfect as Snow leopard but it does kind of work.........

Nozyczek's method allows the machine to boot in about 20 seconds in x64 mode......... It's REALLY FAST, but the display is limited as we know.

When I install EDP Pack and the 1440x900 DSDT, it takes forever to boot and only run's in 32 bit mode.

I DID try the MyHack method BUT the version I had of Lion was refused by MyHack as it was downloaded from a torrent.

I DID find this though..... Depending on which DSDT I use, it makes a difference when installing, as to which USB port I install from........ My Best success was installing from memory stick when the memory stick was plugged into the REAR usb port that is CLOSEST to the Modem (RJ11) and ethernet (RJ45) posts on the rear of my D630.

EDP Pack for Lion seems to break our 1440x900 mind because it take forever to load but Bronxtech from here is working with the author of MyHack to include the kext's we need into the proper folders instead of having them in the "Extra" folder........ This is something that Nozyczek managed to do a while back which is why I always liked his install's.

Guest ChAntoine

Hi antonine,

Try to boot with mach_kernel cpus=1.

If that does not work, install the Extra bootpack from the wiki to the usb installer using myhack again. After that, run myfix from myhack on the usb installer and reboot.

Cheers!

Thanks, but that did not help.

But finally I managed to get my Hackintosh working (thanks to myHack3.1 + the EDP from this Wiki + the high-res dsdt.aml). Anyway, during the different boots for the setup, I was obliged to boot using the '-v' (otherwise, I was lost on a blank black screen...)

Again thank you to all of you. I will post here a summary of what did work for me and an longer guide on my blog. Nothing would have been possible without all of you.

Receive all my gratitude

Guest ChAntoine

Hey ChAntoine, long time no speak ...... How's things my friend ?

Like you, I also took a break from my D630 ------- And then spent another week at it hehehe........

OK, so the route I followed to get Lion to install was from a "How To" made for a Dell 1525 that I bought some months ago and is currently loaned to a friend.........

The guide is here ......... https://sites.google.com/site/nozyczek/home/hackintosh/how-to-install-lion-10-7-0-on-dell-inspiron-1525

The problem I had before was that no matter which boot disc or memory stick I used to install Lion from, the install either never even made it to the setup screen, OR, it made it past than then failed at about 30% into the install........

How I managed it was this..........

1. I had already an 8gb memory stick installed with Lion using unifail installer from tonycrapx86.com

2. I installed nozyczek Dell 1525 installer over the top of the unifail Install.

3. Booted from the memory stick and Lion installed for the first time.

4. I then followed the instructions that Mariusz posted but I put the 1440x900 DSDT in the EDP 2.2 Pack BEFORE I installed EDP.

My D630 is about 90% functional at the moment in Lion I would say....... Not as perfect as Snow leopard but it does kind of work.........

Nozyczek's method allows the machine to boot in about 20 seconds in x64 mode......... It's REALLY FAST, but the display is limited as we know.

When I install EDP Pack and the 1440x900 DSDT, it takes forever to boot and only run's in 32 bit mode.

I DID try the MyHack method BUT the version I had of Lion was refused by MyHack as it was downloaded from a torrent.

I DID find this though..... Depending on which DSDT I use, it makes a difference when installing, as to which USB port I install from........ My Best success was installing from memory stick when the memory stick was plugged into the REAR usb port that is CLOSEST to the Modem (RJ11) and ethernet (RJ45) posts on the rear of my D630.

EDP Pack for Lion seems to break our 1440x900 mind because it take forever to load but Bronxtech from here is working with the author of MyHack to include the kext's we need into the proper folders instead of having them in the "Extra" folder........ This is something that Nozyczek managed to do a while back which is why I always liked his install's.

Tim,

what a detailed, in-depth and insightful way...

Finally, I managed yesterday night to get my D630 Hackintoshed! Waou, Yippie...

I'll comment longer on that in the coming days (here and on my blog).

1-Problems I circumvented

For short, my pb was mainly (as I suspected) due to a VERY bad 8gb usb key (one that I bought specifically for that!).

I made progress with a friend's key, but was not able to boot alone the D630 (after the complete install, was obliged to boot from the key).

Then, I left some long weeks (spent on other personal projects: starting my own company, in parallel of my day job!). Back to this, I saw your progresses with myHack (which I've also been testing, together with unifail). I thought giving a try to the version 3 could be fruitful.

Then I bought a new 8gb key.

From the beginning, I suspected I get another bad key (different well-known trade from the first well-known one): it took more than 50mn to create the installer on the key!!! And obviously, it failed (by inspecting the log of the Lion setup, it was during the install of a package, as for the previous key...).

I decided I've spent enough time with those "fast" key and went to a (very) old external (mechanical) usb disk I had (my first one, bought 10 years ago. 10 years ago, yes!). With 40gb, it was obviously enough. Created the installer on it in less than 10 minutes! (compared to the 50mn for the "fast" SSD usb key : can you imagine that?)

A little tweaks (summarised below), and tada:
I've my very first Hackintosh

2-Short path to my working process

• installed the bios from this Wiki: using Freedos to get a A17 with the Apple logo.
  • on my mbp, created an installer: myHack3.1 with a special Extra folder (the 'standard' one from osxlatitude where I did 2 things: replacing the dsdt.aml by the high-res one from this forum (have to provide the right url later...) and patching the 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' to support my 1440x900x32 res at boot time)
  • also put myHack on the installer disk (for later)
  • plugged my installer usb disk to the D630, boot (using -v, the only mandatory option in my case); proceed to install smoothly (sorry for the reader, this ellipse frustrated my so much during all my trials which failed so many time behind this simple sentence. Keep patience, use the Terminal to look the install.log file to understand where things fail, if ever)
  • re-booted to finish the install (still with the disk, still with '-v' but this time, load system from the internal D630 hard-drive); after this stage, no bootloader was installed (despite I thought it should have been...). That's where having myHack on my external disk comes handy!
  • installed myHack (from the external drive) on the D630; ran it to: 'install Extra' (the one from the external installer disk), 'install Chameleon' & 'install MyHack utilities' (not ure this last one was really useful)
  • removed my external disk, cross fingers, and restarted the D630
  • got it to boot up alone (no external booster required anymore, even no more '-v'): one more osxlatitude hackintosh on earth!

3-Work ahead!

I've a short list here (will detail that later) of what I intent to go through in the coming months (I'm no more in the hurry as you can imagine!)

• Get the Ethernet card to work
  • Get the audio
  • Manage to switch the keyboard code for the Alt and 'Windows' key to have the 'Command' key mapped to the Windows one (currently it is on Alt)
  • Buy a WiFi card (are pcmcia card compatible?)
  • Go to Mountain Lion
  • Use my (proved to work) old fellow 40gb disk to install multi-boot on the D630 with: MoutainLion and Windows8
  • Get sleep to work (but as I boot in less than 40s, it would be gluttony, wouldn't it?)

A REALLY great thank to all the community here and elsewhere (myHack, tonycrap, ...) for the gorgeous work you are committed to and all the increasingly simpler process you effortlessly work on to go to hackintoshing PCs.

Tim, a very special thank to you: you were very helpful to keep me on the tracks and very supportive; without you, it is likely I would have taken more weeks to get to it.

Will detail that in the coming week (I'll provide a summary here and the longer details on my blog)

Hi ChAntoine,

Tonight, while I was messing around with an Inspiron 1520, I managed to find why "MAYBE" EDP breaks my D630 install.........

It seems that the T9300 2.5 C2D CPU I have needs some different kext's than EDP installs for all the other C2D CPU's.....

..... I found some info here on tonycrapx86 quite by accident .......

http://www.tonycrapx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=26283&start=30

I have run out of time tonight to test this out but I have swapped out the CPU from my D630 into a 1520 I have here at the moment and I will continue to look into it.........

Have to say though, this 1520 started as a 1.6 Celeron @533 FSB and now its a 2.5 C2D @ 800 FSB and geez it's fast loading VISTA of all things Hehehehe.........

Sorry if this is confusing to peeps reading but the 1520,1525,D630 are so alike and I installed Lion onto a 1525 with ease that this D630 just Bugs the heck outta me right now !

Can't wait to test on OSX but I need to sleep...........

....... If anyone can clarify that the T9300/T9500 has issues with Lion, then that would DEFINITELY help me as to where things are going wrong for me.

i have install lion on my d630 when install it's look ok but when first reboot i got boot0:error i am searching google for this trouble and got to dd boot1h i have running this method to ramdisk and disk to it fail is it wrong with my hard drive i am using toshiba 320GB this model TOSHIBA MK3259GSXP what hard disk type or brand i must use to running lion

Dear baok,

Have you tried to reinstall chameleon from myhack?

Cheers!

yes i have install it but still the same error boot0:error

my solution install SL for the first partition and install Lion Second partition but i want install Lion as my first partition cause

i want triple boot mac, linux and windows