Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Mariusz

Hello Guys,

I've been reading and reading and try to do my own D630 Hackintosh but its been a failure.

its frustrating cause this is the only project i have failed at, but just when i decided to give up im gonna give it a try at asking for help, so here we go.

My setup is D630 with the intel graphics 1440 and the OCZ-VERTEX3 240.06 GB SSD and 4gb ram.

1- Create the Lion USB Boot up drive using my hack === DONE!

2- Download the Lion Bootpack and using my hack click on "Install Extra" and "use my own" and use the bootpack i downloaded ==== DONE!

I boot up the machine using the USB dive and when the installer comes up, DISK UTILITY wont see my internal Harddrive.

am i missing something ?

could someone write up the procedure they did after creating usb drive with my hack ?

I mean what bootpack they downloaded, how to add it correctly (some say copy on to a folder)

what about the EDP ? how do i add that and how do i use it?

my main concern is that i cannot see my internal drive however i used a Windows installation disk and i can see the internal drive and even formatted so i know the drive is good.

I thank you guys for your patience and help.

• Administrators

1. Go into bios and change your harddisk mode to ACHI
2. Now do the install
3. Once your are done installing, boot from the pen again, this time select your harddisk
4. Once inside OSX, download and install OSX...

Enjoy :)

• Administrators

Check that your USB installer contains a kext called IOATAFamily in /Extra/Extensions. If it's not there, search recent forum posts in D8xx section for invisible/missing SATA drive. I've copied the kext in one of my replies earlier this week.

• Like 1

could someone write up the procedure they did after creating usb drive with my hack ?

I mean what bootpack they downloaded, how to add it correctly (some say copy on to a folder)

what about the EDP ? how do i add that and how do i use it?

1. Use the menu at the top of this forum to download the bootpack for your machine. Click on EDP > Bootpacks. Pick the one that you want and extract it and. Rename this folder to ExtraCombined or anything you want and copy it to the USB drive created by MyHack.

2. Run MyHack in another Mac machine / VM running Snow Leopard or greater and install this ExtraCombined folder to the USB stick that you created with MyHack. Steps - a) Run MyHack B) Choose Install Extra fro the drop down and point to ExtraCombined folder that has bootpack you downloaded.

3. Now boot with the USB stick.

This is the procedure that i followed. I did not use automated EDP because everyone's setup is slightly different and I had to install a couple of extra kexts uploaded by Maurisz in his first post.

• Like 1

• Administrators

You download the bootpack (it goes as "Extra" to 'download' folder of user account by default). You run myHack -> Create Extra and point to the downloaded bootpack. That's it.

For EDP, you download the app, install it and run it. Start by building the pack relevant to your system. Then you may run other utilities, but they're optional.

• Like 2

I am actually replying to this post from my NEW D630 OSlatitude !!

It turned out the IOATAFAMILY files was not in my USB boot up disk so i re-downloaded the BootPack and create extra as instructed. Thanks for the tip.

Im happy to say my keyboard and my 1440x900 resolution works out of the box.

I install the EDP and ran it and now also have sound. ( i should mention that the setting for EDP i have read 1 - 6 -1 - n - y no longer match dell 630 system)

Now, from reading i know that the WiFi i have give problems so i have it disabled and have to do research to see which one to order / buy from ebay.

I do have a couple of questions maybe you guys can help,

1 - My internal network card does't work. (i'm actually using my iPhone thru USB to share internet connection)

2-  I partitioned my hard drive so i can have dual boot (OS and Windows) but when i try to install windows on second partition windows gives me an error saying that unable to install to that partition and to check bios settings. (Maybe there is a specific way to install it to have dual boot ? )  I need to finish installing windows so that i can see which kind of internal nic i have.

3- i find that the trackpad kind of sticks maybe I'm using wrong driver/kext

4- When computer goes to sleep, and i hit power button to try to wake her up it actually shuts down. Then i press power again and get bios message to re run setup again. i find that it has changed all my bios settings (Sata no longer ACHI and wireless nic re-enabled) weird !!

as always all help is always appreciate it.

• Administrators

1. Built-in Ethernet: you should also have a kext called BCM5722D in /E/E

2. How did you partition your HDD? Was is GUID? Your targetted Win partition should be formatted FAT. Once you run your Win7 DVD, simply point to that partition and reformat it NTFS; that's all. Afterwards, you'll have to play with Diskpart CLI tool to re-activate the OS X partition and be able to boot from it (or interrupt the OS X boot process to select Win partition).

3. TrackPad: I recommend the standard VoodooPS2Controller on that model. Well, that's what I use and it works pretty well.

4. Sleep/Wake: In EDP kext installation/system build, make sure to choose NullCPUPowerManagement + SleepEnabler. As a result, you'll see kexts of the same name in /Extra/Extensions. After that, you should also run the HibernateFix provided by EDP. BIOS reset issue is normally taken care of by a kext called Patched_10.7_AppleRTC, also found in /E/E.

If any kext appears missing, get them from the bootpack and copy them to /E/E, then re-run myFix (full).

• Like 1