Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Mariusz

1. Built-in Ethernet: you should also have a kext called BCM5722D in /E/E

2. How did you partition your HDD? Was is GUID? Your targetted Win partition should be formatted FAT. Once you run your Win7 DVD, simply point to that partition and reformat it NTFS; that's all. Afterwards, you'll have to play with Diskpart CLI tool to re-activate the OS X partition and be able to boot from it (or interrupt the OS X boot process to select Win partition).

3. TrackPad: I recommend the standard VoodooPS2Controller on that model. Well, that's what I use and it works pretty well.

4. Sleep/Wake: In EDP kext installation/system build, make sure to choose NullCPUPowerManagement + SleepEnabler. As a result, you'll see kexts of the same name in /Extra/Extensions. After that, you should also run the HibernateFix provided by EDP. BIOS reset issue is normally taken care of by a kext called Patched_10.7_AppleRTC, also found in /E/E.

If any kext appears missing, get them from the bootpack and copy them to /E/E, then re-run myFix (full).

I partitioned the Drive using Disktool while installing OSX Lion. it did format to FAT. windows 7 does see the drive, but it says unable to install to it> it wing boot please check bios settings.

• Administrators

Well, if Win7 won't install on that partition and/or won't reformat it NTFS, delete it from the Win installer and re-create a new Windows partition. You'll end up with the extra small 100Mo partition, but so be it...

SSD_GUID_partitions.jpg

Win_partitioning.jpg

I have mine plugged into ethernet but I found an internal wifi card at Amazon for $10 that might work with Lion on D630. 

New Dell DW1397 Broadcom 4312 Wireless Card WLAN WIFi Wireless Card 802.11a/b/g 54 Mbps BCM94312HMG

Link

Now, from reading i know that the WiFi i have give problems so i have it disabled and have to do research to see which one to order / buy from ebay.

I do have a couple of questions maybe you guys can help,

After some tinkering and following advise from you guys specially the instructions by HERVE i have managed to fix 99 percent of my issues.

1- internal nic fixed by copying the kext BCM5722D and running myfix (full)

2- Decided to delete the extra partition and just leave this machine as a  pure OS laptop. so i don't need the dual boot.

3- Trackpad working with right KEXT.

last issue is that I'm having a big problem with the sleep/wake. machine goes to sleep just fine but when i press power button to wake up it shuts down and resets my BIOS.

To fix that:

-made sure that NullCPUPowerManagement  SleepEnabler and Patched_10.7_AppleRTC Kext are in the E/E folder. they are and i have run a full MYFIX to make sure they are in effect.

-Followed instructions from another post and created a system password on the bios and also set it to bypass Standby/Resume.

- fisically Removed the Intel Wi-fi card from the machine to avoid any conflicts (i have read numerous times it causes problems)

The only thing i wasn't able to find was the Hybernatefix option in EDP.

I am running EDP v5.0 - Rev: 209 (latest)

my choices are 1)configuration, 2)update q)quit

are there any commands i should type in terminal to run the Hybernate fix ?

all help is appreciated.

:-)

BTW LOSTVAMPIRE: Broadcom Wifi such as Dell DW1390/1490 are natively supported. thats what i read in another Post so you might want to try  and locate one of these.

===EDIT==

after finding another post on this site i typed the following commands into terminal:

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

sudo touch /var/vm/sleepimage

sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

Now the computer goes to sleep and it wakes but the mouse attached no longer works and the Internal NIC doest work either. I have to reboot the system to get them to work again.

Maybe i wasn't supposed to type that.

Edited by Mister7000

• Administrators
[...]

The only thing i wasn't able to find was the Hybernatefix option in EDP.

I am running EDP v5.0 - Rev: 209 (latest)

my choices are 1)configuration, 2)update q)quit

are there any commands i should type in terminal to run the Hybernate fix ?

[...]

You're not using the EDPweb tool!

Go to /Extra folder and double click on 'edpweb.command'. You will then see all full features of EDP 5.0.

The BIOS system password + Bypass settings are not normally relevant to the D630 (required on the D620 & D430). I have 3 x D630s and never used those BIOS settings on them for Sleep/Wake to operate properly. I'd say there's something else fishy.

Sorry for asking, but are you sure you used the right bootpack (D630, Intel X3100 (1440x900)) ?

• Administrators
I have mine plugged into ethernet but I found an internal wifi card at Amazon for $10 that might work with Lion on D630. 

New Dell DW1397 Broadcom 4312 Wireless Card WLAN WIFi Wireless Card 802.11a/b/g 54 Mbps BCM94312HMG

Link

Make sure it comes with the adapter or it won't lock in situ in the D630; that card is half mini-PCIe format, same as DW1702 card illustrated here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2031-atheros-based-dw1702/

I started a thread to try and compile a list of supported wireless cards here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-wireless-cards-inventory/

Do contribute to complement.

• Like 1

I was still having random freezes where everything would lock up so I physically removed the original wireless card and also uninstalled IOATAFamily.kext. I also re-downloaded AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from SLE.zip uploaded by Mariusz in his original post. I also installed smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist from the same post. It does not freeze anymore but my video and graphics are now very choppy. It takes almost ten seconds to open and close the Launchpad. The menu bar at the top is no longer transparent. After seeing a fast response, this sluggishness is unbearable. Can someone please upload the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext for 1440x900 which is fast and does not freeze the UI?

• Administrators

You're mistaken, there is no specific FrameBufffer for WXGA+ resolution. Use everything from standard installation and bootpack/EDP. Files from Mariusz are just way too old by now! Make sure you have the latest EDP version on your D630, if not, download/update latest version. Run EDPweb tool off /Extra and do a new build,

• Like 1