Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Mariusz

You're mistaken, there is no specific FrameBufffer for WXGA+ resolution. Use everything of standard installation and bootpack/EDP. Files from Mariusz are just way too old by now! M%ake sure you have the latest EDP version on your D630, if not, download/update latest version. Run EDPweb tool off /Extra and do a new build,

I do not remember if AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext was included in the original install of Lion. If it was then I am afraid that I might have deleted it. In any case I will uninstall the current AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and see what happens. Maybe that is the root cause of the freezing issue. 

SUCESS !!!!!

You're not using the EDPweb tool!

Go to /Extra folder and double click on 'edpweb.command'. You will then see all full features of EDP 5.0.

The BIOS system password + Bypass settings are not normally relevant to the D630 (required on the D620 & D430). I have 3 x D630s and never used those BIOS settings on them for Sleep/Wake to operate properly. I'd say there's something else fishy.

Sorry for asking, but are you sure you used the right bootpack (D630, Intel X3100 (1440x900)) ?

SUCESS !!

After following HERVE advise i found the right tool. "edpweb.command" i kept getting it confused with the edptool.command

Now for everyone that reads this first time i clicked on it, it said: Applying fix... and it just sat there for an hour didn't do anything.,

i clicked again and it said disabling hibernation .... DONE !!

and now my machine goes to sleep and wakes up everything works fine !!

and yes it is running at 1440x900

Thanks to every one that helped me along the way..

I have ordered the Dell DW 1510 (BCM4322) wireless card (Dual-band N), now because it is a Half pci-e i also ordered a metal adapter (bracket) as suggested by HERVE.

as soon as i get it i will install and report back to the forum.

Question:

I am running LION at 10.7.4 my question is: is there a specific way to upgrade to 10.7.5 ? or do i just click on updates and let the machine update itself ??

thanks...

Congrats for getting there!

You should be safe to update if you're already running EDP-tuned 10.7.4, yes. It certainly worked for me months ago, with nothing to do on completion: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1819-1075-update/

nothing to do on completion ??

well, should i wait until i get the wifi card working before upgrading to 10.7.5 ?

i mean my system is working perfectly and i don't want to mess anything up, so if the safer way is to get wi-fi working and then update to 10.7.5 thats what i will do. Then i will do a time machine backup.

Let me know whats the best course of action...

Question:

I am running LION at 10.7.4 my question is: is there a specific way to upgrade to 10.7.5 ? or do i just click on updates and let the machine update itself ??

thanks...

Congrats! I have disabled automatic updates. I downloaded 10.7.5 combo installer from Apple's website and installed that without a problem but I suggest that you take a time machine backup first, just in case.

• Like 1

Here's the Apple support URL that I used for downloading and installing "OS X Lion Update 10.7.5 (Client Combo)"

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1582

Towards the end of the install, just before it wants to restart, I ran MyHack and re-applied the fix.

Most things work fine except for an occasional freeze of the UI but that has been happening to me since day one. I have tried Mauriusz's original AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and then reverted it back to the original. I briefly lost graphics acceleration because I had accidentally deleted AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext from S/L/E and there were no freezes for that brief duration. Looks like I am the only one experiencing this freeze. Is it because I am running D630 in a dock with a 1900x1080 external monitor connected to the VGA port as the only display?

• Administrators

No, I would not think so, but I'm far from understanding how you installed Lion on your machine. Had you followed our myHack-EDP process, I'd know what to answer, but it appears you possibly followed obsolete ways...

I have no problem running my D630 GMAX3100 on docking station with external VGA screen @ 1440x900 (no higher res I'm afraid), whether as main screen or as extended display. No problem running it in extended mode attached to my TV @ 1920x1280 either.... Haven't tried it as main/single screen, but that's an idea!

Created a Lion 10.7.2 bootable USB drive using MyHack. Downloaded the EDP bootpack for my system. I then added Mauriusz's kexts from SLE to the bootpack and applied it to / using MyHack. 

I did install VoodooHDA-2.7.2.pkg and KeyRemap4MacBook-7.8.0.dmg but I have uninstalled those.

I then downloaded the combo update for 10.7.5. Installed it but re-executed MyHack before restarting the computer.

To overcome the freeze issues, I re-configured using edptool.command more than once.