Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Mariusz

Thats where you go wrong.. you use the bootpack as a OS pack.

Once you have installed....

1. Download EDP from http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/

2. Install EDP

3. If edptool dosent run automaticly, then run edptool.command from /Extra on your harddisk)

Follow the guide here for howto make a new build: http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp-do-a-new-build/

as much as I cruised around osxlatitude, there are at least 4 procedures to install lion

1. Wiki page - not d630 specific and it just did not work for me.

2. Maldon - not d630, missing one of the links. tried but did not get far.

3. Mariusz - did not work for me, maybe because i had intel wifi enabled at the time, not sure

4. Simeonoff(dazzler) - I used myHack as replacement for his step 1 and this did work for me.

Simeonoff step 8 clearly says 'copy /Extra from the pen to the disk' or something to that effect.

It is possible that the wiki page procedure would now work for me as I tried it a long time ago

and possibly was tripped by the enabled wifi...

• Administrators

Dear ovi1,

For your information I'm using D630 with intel x3100 and intel wifi card on at the moment. I did not copy the bootpack to hard disk after i install lion and lion boot with no problem. Before registration, I had to use external usb keyboard as lion say no keyboard detected. After that I just remove my usb keyboard and start using the built in keyboard to continue registration. After that I ran EDP 2.2 and selected all apple kexts and speedstep except disabled sleepenabler. Ran kext utility and rebooted.

Cheers!

• Administrators

installing edp package makes an extra folder inside the extra folder there is edptool.command.... it will open terminal and ask for password then it will go into a menue selection. option 1 build for your machine.... edp script will do all requied patching. after if finishes and you end /exit all should be installed in there rightful places.

just installing the edp pkg will not get your machine running you must run edptool.command. and do a build.

installing edp package makes an extra folder inside the extra folder there is edptool.command.... it will open terminal and ask for password then it will go into a menue selection. option 1 build for your machine.... edp script will do all requied patching. after if finishes and you end /exit all should be installed in there rightful places.

just installing the edp pkg will not get your machine running you must run edptool.command. and do a build.

'do a build' - isn't this done by tool itself, after selecting 1, picking 6 for d630/intel and answering a few more

selections, you are asked to confirm selections and when you say yes - it does the build, right?

• Like 1

Dear ovi1,

For your information I'm using D630 with intel x3100 and intel wifi card on at the moment. I did not copy the bootpack to hard disk after i install lion and lion boot with no problem. Before registration, I had to use external usb keyboard as lion say no keyboard detected. After that I just remove my usb keyboard and start using the built in keyboard to continue registration. After that I ran EDP 2.2 and selected all apple kexts and speedstep except disabled sleepenabler. Ran kext utility and rebooted.

Cheers!

which bootpack do you use? from the wiki?

did you have to turn off the wifi when booting from the pen?

• Administrators

'do a build' - isn't this done by tool itself, after selecting 1, picking 6 for d630/intel and answering a few more

selections, you are asked to confirm selections and when you say yes - it does the build, right?

yes correct..

Thats where you go wrong.. you use the bootpack as a OS pack.

Once you have installed....

1. Download EDP from http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/

2. Install EDP

3. If edptool dosent run automaticly, then run edptool.command from /Extra on your harddisk)

Follow the guide here for howto make a new build: http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp-do-a-new-build/

followed these instructions with my current pen. no keyboard.

created yet another pen using myHack and bootpack from 'supported models' - boots into a blank screen, outputs grey

mesh to the docking station's video port but nothing further.

when I use -x -f -v, i get to start of install screen, but the HD does not show as install target, neither does it show on

diskutil.

• Administrators

Dear ovi1,

I used the boot pack from the supported model page in the wiki... Yes... I had issues with wifi when I tried to run the installer usb (instead of turning off the wifi I actually move the IO80221Family.kext which is the same i think). But then, when lion finished install, the IO80221Family.kext did not caused any kernel panic even when my intel wifi is on.

By the way, did you rebuilt your extension.mkext after booting into os x lion for the first time and installing edp 2.2? For the first boot I used -x -f but after rebuilding my mkext I just booted normally?

Some kext don't load up even if we use -x -f and only load up after we rebuild it and boot normally like speedstep and volume!

Cheers!