Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Mariusz

Dear ovi1,

I used the boot pack from the supported model page in the wiki... Yes... I had issues with wifi when I tried to run the installer usb (instead of turning off the wifi I actually move the IO80221Family.kext which is the same i think). But then, when lion finished install, the IO80221Family.kext did not caused any kernel panic even when my intel wifi is on.

By the way, did you rebuilt your extension.mkext after booting into os x lion for the first time and installing edp 2.2? For the first boot I used -x -f but after rebuilding my mkext I just booted normally?

Some kext don't load up even if we use -x -f and only load up after we rebuild it and boot normally like speedstep and volume!

Cheers!

yes, i built the mkext AFTER I booted the new OS.

However, the USB PEN I just build with the 'supported models' bootpack does not boot up for me.

not even with a -x -f. actually it does, but it outputs video to the back connector only and there

the video is stretched outside the screen so I can't really use it.

has that happened to you?

what controls whether the video goes out back or to the laptop's screen?

my bios is all default except boot sequence, ACHI and Wifi disabled.

yes correct..

hey Bronxtech

I read stuff about dsdt.aml.

can you point me to someplace i can read more about this?

Also, if I use myHack with bootpack from 'supported models' to create a USB pen,

do I need to do anything about that file?

Do I need to massage this file any which way after installation?

I know this may not be the place to ask this but Is there a way to create the usb drive without using myhack? I only have access to a leopard dual g5 powermac. I have this exact computer I would love to get up and running on lion.

I know this may not be the place to ask this but Is there a way to create the usb drive without using myhack? I only have access to a leopard dual g5 powermac. I have this exact computer I would love to get up and running on lion.

your nearest apple store is where you can get a reliable answer on this one.

google is the next best thing.

i would rank at about 10,000 and my take is that Lion does not run on PowerPC, but this is really

an unsupported impression I got...

o and as far as creating a pen without myHack, learned a lot from

http://lifehacker.com/348653/install-os-x-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required

Thanks for the link. my buddy is bringing me his macbook with lion tonight so we shall see. I know the powerpc will not run snow leopard or lion. that is my issue