Install OSX 10.7 Lion on D630 X3100

Mariusz

I followed the instructions originally posted by Mariusz-fantastic! Thanks ever so....

Just one thing is not working-my DVD has an 'Initialization error' (see attachment)

'A valid video device could not be found for playback'

Any ideas how this can be corrected?

Thanks

:rolleyes:

post-3204-078436100 1330643925_thumb.png

As fare as I remember this is because DVD Player expects internal drive but OSX sees it as external. You can patch DVD Player by replacing Internal instances with External (in HEX ofcourse). Google DVD Player external patch for a solution or just forget about DVD Player and use VLC.

But the patching is simple. Search for all 496E7465726E616C and replace with 45787465726E616C in DVD Players binary.

Still no luck, Mariusz.

I applied the DVD patch and now there is another error message

A valid drive could not be found [-70012]

I have tried VLC for DVD and this does not work either-for any video (clip).

I am using your original files

Extra.zip (1.97K)

SLE.zip (4.36MB

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks again for your input :rolleyes:

• Administrators

actually 2.3 is on hold we are working on re making and re-coding all of EDP..... so most likely the next version will be 3.0 and hopefully expand to work on any computer not just dell latitudes. since EDP is an Extra Driver Package. so hopefully great things come from it so all hackintosh's can benefit. who knows maybe EDP will be integrated better with MyHack to cut down on some of the steps....

Finally !!!!! ........

Lion roars on my D630 with 1440x900.....

Sadly, with the release of myhack 3 things have changed somewhat since the initial post BUT, with a few tweeks, it is possible.....

BIG THANKS TO Mariusz for the initial guide :-)

...... As always, proof is in the pic (Excuse my mess) !!!!

IMG_3053.jpg

Guest ChAntoine

Finally !!!!! ........

Lion roars on my D630 with 1440x900.....

Sadly, with the release of myhack 3 things have changed somewhat since the initial post BUT, with a few tweeks, it is possible.....

BIG THANKS TO Mariusz for the initial guide :-)

...... As always, proof is in the pic (Excuse my mess) !!!!

IMG_3053.jpg

Hi Tim,

I'm very happy that you finally managed to get your D630 to work with Lion : big applause.

As we may have relatively close config, can you tell me more about the "tweaks" you're mentionning.

I just rebirthed my d630 hackintosh dream yesterday night (after weeks of dust!) for less than an hour, just the time to build a pen drive with myHack3.1 (it look a century to write...), plugged it into the 630, got the spinning splash screen (not spinning that much, rather stalled I'd say) and went to bed, despererate at last!!!

again, congrats for your success.

• Administrators

Hi antonine,

Try to boot with mach_kernel cpus=1.

If that does not work, install the Extra bootpack from the wiki to the usb installer using myhack again. After that, run myfix from myhack on the usb installer and reboot.

Cheers!